What bothers you the most about busy times/large crowds?

What bothers me the most is what I call "Universe Syndrome." It's unavoidable in any place with large amounts of people, and especially during a commute. Universe Syndrome is when someone believes THEY are the center of the universe and everything revolves around them. Have some consideration for others. Pay attention to what's going on around you. And for crying out loud, scoot over out of the middle of the walkway when you stop.

Also? Having to go the same direction as the masses is a huge pet peeve of mine. Leaving the park after fireworks... hate it. Not because of anything in particular except that I HAVE to go the same way everyone else does, which means I'm at the mercy of the crowd as far as my speed and to some degree, my path. It makes me grouchy and on edge. I guess that's the little bit of rebel in me. Once we get outside the park and everyone disperses to their various forms of transportation, I'm much better.

These two things happen no matter what the crowd levels but more so when it's busy: People walking full speed and then coming to an abrupt complete stop and the family of 12 that decides that right in the center of the walkway is a good place to stop, open their map and try to figure out whether to go to It's a Small World or Jungle Cruise while blocking 80% of an already crowded walkway :mad:

oh dear god. I hate those people that just stop out of nowhere. I always try to look behind me before I stop...but I know I have been guilty of it a time or two in my life, but if I accidentally do it, I always apologize profusely to whomever was behind me.

I must say, waiting in line for quick service food when you're starving and you have young kids that are cranky is never fun. also--if you have to wait for more than 2 busloads to get out of the park at the end of the night, that is excruciating.

Crowds never bother me anyways.

I agree that mental preparation is helpful. If I know that it's going to be crowded, humid, hot, busy, or any combination of those things, I can still have a really good time just by being in the right mindset.

That said, I admit I do get a little bit irked about people with bad attitudes. It's annoying to see other people who are determined to project their frustrations on the world and others.
During my last visit to Disney World, a guest was so very angry about the crowds. She kept yelling at her poor kids about how crowded it was and it made them anxious. I didn't let it ruin my day, but I sure felt bad for her kids that their mom had such a low tolerance for frustration.

People that complain about the crowds

We go for Christmas every year ... like literal Christmas. And you hear people go on and on about lines etc. Duh ... you came to Disney at Christmas... were you expecting to be the only ones??

(People that stop in the middle of walkways are annoying regardless of crowd level).

Just the overwhelming number of people... usually people behave worse in crowded conditions.

Not being able to find a table is the worst. Waiting for busses used to be the worst, but I drive everywhere now so that's not an issue.

Drunk people in a long line bug me. Closed ice cream carts bug me a lot when there's a CM there.

The embarrassing way I sweat, but I guess that's a me problem. People not anticipating that IASW is stopping and wait till the last second to get off.

Everyone else's children.

But mostly the table. Because that sucks.

The crowds don't bother me. I have never been to WDW when it isn't crazy busy, so I don't know (and don't want to know) what I'm missing when it's not crazy busy. I deal with it, I patiently wait, I plan ahead. I do not like when people invade my personal space. I expect it waiting for the fireworks or parades, but I really HATE it when I'm waiting in line and the people behind me are right up against me. We were in line for the Jungle Cruise a few years ago, and the woman behind me was touching me with her belly. I would move up a little, and she would move right up with me. My DD and I were looking at something in the queue and the line had moved a few feet and she actually pushed me with her belly. I turned around and told her to back off and stop touching me. She mumbled something in another language, pointing to the empty space in front of me. After that, DH got between us and she touched her belly to him for the rest of the line. I really don't like it when kids bump into me repeatedly, either. I understand, it's a kid, it happens. But if it happens more than a couple of times, I will give the kid and the parent the stink eye. That usually stops it.

If I have to walk elbow to elbow with strangers, then it's too crowded for me. We always hang back after fireworks and wait for the crowd to get a little less. Sadly that seems to work out as longer for the bus to show up

The only thing that bothers me are when the lines everywhere get so ridiculously long that it spills over into typically walk on attractions. Like if you gotta stand in line for Philharmagic you know it's crazy crowded. I just wanna run for the hills. :scared:

Groups who walk 4 or 5 across and block the path. Especially those that actually link arms when they do it! I walk pretty fast, and can maneuver around most groups, but that path-blocking mindset really bugs me. Jeez.

Lord forgive me, but the ONLY thing that bothers me about going to WDW or DL during busy days is my husband's complaining. It's incessant, constant, unending, and extremely trying.

I don't mind the long ride lines (I just navigate accordingly), the food lines (eat later or earlier), the crowds (again...navigate accordingly), but there's no escaping my husband's complaining. It follows me everywhere. So I work over time to plan trips that are during slow-ish days when he and I go together. When I go to WDW or DL with others, the crowds and overall busyness is actually kind of fun. It's almost festive to me, strangely enough.

The steam-strollers: the parents that literally use their kid's stroller as an excuse to bulldoze down anyone in front of them in their path. If I had a shot every time my ankle was hit or my foot was run over by a stroller in the parks, I'd be blacked-out...
Wanna know what the best part is? The parents will look at you with a scowl like its your fault: "How dare your body be placed in front of my stroller"

It has been years since I had to push a stroller but the first trip my arms ached, not from pushing but from jerking the stroller to a complete stop with two toddlers and all our stuff. The number of people that step in front of you expecting you to jerk to a stop is incredible as if those things are equipped with brakes. So if you put your ankle in front of a moving stroller and someone said sharply "Careful" it was me. This happens a lot with small children that are being dragged along.

I hate the difficulty in moving around, long waits for rides and food.

One thing that really irked me when I was there last week was the fact that there was an alarming amount of garbage on the ground after HEA. It's like there were these hordes of people who were using the ground as their personal garbage disposal system. It's not like there isn't an abundance of garbage cans throughout Magic Kingdom and yet I was unpleasantly amazed at the number of people who couldn't be bothered to put their trash where it belongs. We literally had to tread carefully to avoid stepping on it. I think this just goes back to mentality of people not caring about anyone but themselves and so they just do whatever they want. I have been to Disney World many times including during both slower and busier periods and I have never seen anything like that!!

What bothers me the most is the complete lack of premium hard liquor availability at MK during high crowd levels. They should have food trucks with nothing but 12 year old scotch and premium Leinenkugel.

This would calm us down and make life grand during this stressful period.

I feel very overwhelmed in large crowds. I cannot stand trying to get from point A to point B. The long waits aren't fun but I'd rather be in line for a ride than trying to maneuver.

When I have a FP+ but the FP+ line is so long it's still a 30+ minute wait! And rude, cranky people. We're all on vacation, just relax!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter