What can 18 people do together

Lyon_King

Mouseketeer
We'll be going down with the WHOLE family at the end of september. All 18 of us.

I am trying to figure out things to do as a group besides meals that won't cost an arm and a leg. Three are around 5 yrs old, one 2 yr old, some highschoolers, a college student and the rest of us aged between 26 and 60-something.

We plan on having a few meals together, maybe a dinner/fantasmic package, an illuminations cruise is a possibility, but other than that, I can't think of anything that we could all do together for a little while.

Any ideas?

first of all, where are you all staying? we always stay at fw and saw this big family reunion picnic style (looked really fun) also, do all of you like to ride tot? you can all fit in the same elevator and get your picture taken (share the cost) will make a nice souveneer. just ahve fun......

I'm glad you are planning ahead. We went down in 2000, all 19 of us, and they all poo poo'd my scheduling efforts prior to leaving. They learned!

We did do some expensive things but we enjoyed the All American BBQ (something I can't imagine doing now with a smaller bunch), dinner at CP, Fantasmic, It's a Small World, The Great Movie Ride, The Tikki Room, Festival of the Lion King ... etc. as well as one of the eat-with-your-hands-and-grunt dinner shows (I skipped that one).

We swam in the pool together, ate some breakfasts together but usually showed up at a park together and picked a meeting spot, or met up at different times in the park. We found that trying to stay together was too hard and too many people did a lot of waiting around.

Enjoy!

Oh my gosh! You are all going to have sooooo much fun!!! I have a couple ideas- if you're staying at WL, you could all be the flag family. There's FW- they have evening disney sing alongs and movies they show that are free and you can make s'mores (they have kits you can buy that are pretty expensive- or you can bring your own stuff) and watch the movies. We had 4 - 18 yr.olds that did this in November and they loved it! There's also a hayride at FW. I think it's $4.00/kids and $6.00/adults- the rides are about 45 minutes.Watch the electrical water pageant from any of the resorts it passes- it's very corny, but you'll have fun making fun of it!;) Pools are always good!!!! Walking around the Boardwalk at night and watching the entertainers there is fun- you could rent a couple surreys and ride those, then go to Beaches and Cream for the kitchen sink. You could take everyone to DTD and let them see who be the most creative souvenier seeker for under $5.00- now that's a challenge- put them on teams and the winners get everyone else's $5.00 souveniers! There are lots of things you could do that can be "official" family time together, but be sure to have individual time too- especially for the older kids, they'll be happier about doing family stuff if you do. One more thing- the kids also rented water mice- they had a blast on those, they were a little pricey though. HAve fun!!!

We're going with 71 people next month (my daughter's dance team and families). We have a reservation at 'Ohana for 70, and we'll probably all watch Fantasmic together. Other than that, we'll make impromptu groups for dinner, the parks, etc. We did this same trip with pretty much the same people 2 years ago.

Whatever you do, DON'T try to tour a park together. Just getting from one attraction to another will be torture, and half the crowd will be unhappy at any given time.

I would highly suggest being open to splitting up for at least part of the days. Those little walkie talkie things might be a great investment for your family. The older kids especially will probably want to get away from the group and do some things the little kids can't (or won't ) do. I would definitely do 50's prime time cafe as a group, in my experience the more people you have going, the more fun it is! Have a great trip!!!!

:earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy:

Thanks for the replies. We will be staying at the Comtemporary. Don't worry, we're not planning on touring the parks together - actually, the chances of us seeing each other during the day will probably be very slim, that's why we wanted to do a few things together that didn't involve touring the parks.

Do you have to be staying at FW to go to the sing-alongs or the hayride?

I do like the idea of trying to get on the same car for a picture on the rides. I'm not sure that Tower of Terror would be appreciated by all, but maybe Splash Mountain, maybe. We could all meet up for lunch one day in a park and head over to such a ride right after lunch.

Are there rides that take a picture AND 2,4,5 year olds could get on AND all 18 of us could be in one picture?

Lyon King- the movies, sing alongs and hayride are available to anyone- you do not have to stay at FW to attend them, and don't forget- the movie/singalong are free!
About the pics- I don't think that there is one ride, however, you could all go to DTD and get a photo taken there with everyone and a disney background. Also, if you're looking for something for everyone at the parks- be sure to see the 4-D shows together- you will all come out laughing and it'll give you lots to tak about and great memories-- MGM- Muppet Vision 3-D, EPCOT- Honey I Shrunk The Audience and AK- It's Tough To Be A Bug. The older kids will also enjoy these- don't miss 'em!!!!!!!!!

you can only get 3-5 people in a picture on splash mountain, probably close to 20 on ToT.;)

Go to Studio M at DTD and get a group picture made with Mickey. We saw a reunion group, all wearing like t-shirts, getting a photo there one time.

We took a picture of part of our group on the TTA in Tomorrowland. You could probably get all of you into one "section" of the ride and someone in the first car could take the picture. those sitting backwards would have to turn around, but the ride is smooth and it would be easy to take a picture while riding on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter