What code rates have you had for AKL Concierge in November?

hightown

I feel need for speed--Rockin' Roller Coaster
I have way too much time to think about my November trip and am reading these boards too much!

If I ever splurge for Concierge, it would be at the AKL. Am looking for some experience as to what discount rates might of been last November. I don't have AP so would be interested in hearing your general/for anyone code or Disney Club code rates from last year.

THanks all!!!

Sharon

I paid $205 (including tax) for early Dec '02. I called when the codes came out in the summer and booked a savanah room. I mentioned that my husband and I were celebrating our 25th anniversay and I was so excited to be staying at the AKL because we had never stayed there before. He asked if I could hold for a minute and came back in more like 5 to 10 minutes (I almost hung up - glad I stayed on the phone). He said that he had gotten a concierge room released for me if I wanted it. I was thrilled. The AKL is becautiful although truthfully I was not impressed with AKL concierge service (althouth most people rave about it). We had a great trip though. Hope you get concierge for a great price and have a magical trip!

I booked AKL concierge for Thanksgiving night 2002 at $276 total since WL was full for that night but available for all the nights thereafter (for $154.29 courtyard). Didn't know what to expect but was sure pleased with what I got. I would do it again! Sounds to me like the $205 rate might have been for savannah view and sherry8253 got a free upgrade because $276 was at the discount code offered when they came out in the summer.

We paid $277 a night including tax Feb of this year with an AP rate. I also checked out any other codes for the time frame we were traveling and the $277 rate was the best.

Rack Rate for AKL Concierge during value season is $425 plus tax a night.

Thanks for your replies.

Sherry8253, I think you got very lucky!! Frydie and Tiffany, thanks. Your rates help confirm what I figured.

I'm figuring Concierge would add about $1000 for 7 nites although would also save a little cost in breakfast, some snacks and drinks.

I read that there are only 51 concierge level rooms but on Disney's web site, I didn't see a choice for concierge at all. Either they just don't show that choice or it fills up real fast.

Will need to do some thinking and decide whether to bug my DU agent again. Told her I wouldn't change my mind anymore--although each time I do, Disney gets more money! LOL

Sharon

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter