What did WE celebrate? .. 30 days of Disney fun and food! Update 04/02

oh.my.goodness. I must have the dessert you had next visit!!!! I haven't eaten at LLT in several years, but you can bet I will for that dessert. The description reminds me of some of the yummy desserts I've had in England (the real one, not EPCOT :rotfl:). Chocolate and warm custard is to die for!

Love the pics - thanks so much for another delicious update!!! :thumbsup2

oh.my.goodness. I must have the dessert you had next visit!!!! I haven't eaten at LLT in several years, but you can bet I will for that dessert. The description reminds me of some of the yummy desserts I've had in England (the real one, not EPCOT :rotfl:). Chocolate and warm custard is to die for!

Love the pics - thanks so much for another delicious update!!! :thumbsup2

That was one wonderful dessert! I really enjoyed it, even though it was quite a lot and I could not finish it! :scared1:

Hi Linda!
I am so glad you had a wonderful time at DLRP! :thumbsup2 :yay:

Please let me know IF/WHEN you do a trip report for DLRP - maybe you should start a pre-trippie for your May trip and include it there? ;) :laughing:

The food at the HBD was quite good, but I felt so out of place in my park gear - and we even dressed a bit nicer for the day! :lmao:

PLEASE, let me know about your breakfast experience at CRT in May! Might make or break my decision! ;)

Hi Karin

I will make sure to post a review of CRT breakfast, we are doing it on our last morning before heading home so it will be a mixture of happy and sad, but mainly happy :goodvibes

I have started my DLP trip report, click on the link in my signature :thumbsup2

Yay for Pilgrims Feast, loved that at LTT last year. The meat, mash, gravy was just sooooooooo good.

Hope you have a fantastic time, can't wait to hear all about it :goodvibes

Finally catching up over here!! It makes me miss Disney food so bad!!!!!

On that note, I finally got around to adding more to my pretrip! I don't have nearly as many fans as you.

Hi! You seem to be quite the expert on WP/WPE :thumbsup2. Can you tell me more about how they compare? We're only getting 2-day tickets with WPM, so I'm looking at good dining options outside the parks. Would it be repetitive to eat at WPE one day and WPC the next?

I just subscribed and read your entire thread. I love you reviews! It looks like a fun trip. We sailed on the Wonder a few years ago and now I want to return so badly! Thanks for the great pix and I can't wait for another update!

Sorry I have been MIA for quite a while!

My excuse? I had to take a trip across the pond! We spent President's week at WDW and there are even more dining adventures to review - but I need to finish this one first! ;)

So without any more delays, let's get this show back on the road! :goodvibes

Hi Karin

I will make sure to post a review of CRT breakfast, we are doing it on our last morning before heading home so it will be a mixture of happy and sad, but mainly happy :goodvibes

I have started my DLP trip report, click on the link in my signature :thumbsup2

I am looking out for your CRT breakfast - Love the DLRP review! I fell a little behind while we were away, but I am working hard on catching up!

:wizard:Have a wonderful and magical trip.:yay::banana::cool1::yay:

We did! Thank you! :hug:

Yay for Pilgrims Feast, loved that at LTT last year. The meat, mash, gravy was just sooooooooo good.

Hope you have a fantastic time, can't wait to hear all about it :goodvibes

This is what I usually have! :rotfl2: It's sooooo good! But it's time I need to try something else - maybe in the summer? ;)

Can't wait to hear about CSR!! We will be staying there in August! :thumbsup2 Hope you're having a great trip! :)

We stayed there last year and absolutely loved it! Then we got upgraded to a "double" waterview (lake AND quiet pool), our room was ready at midday and we had the best service possible.
This year, well, let's put it this way - it was different! I'll get to that part in my trip report very soon! ;) :lmao:

Finally catching up over here!! It makes me miss Disney food so bad!!!!!

On that note, I finally got around to adding more to my pretrip! I don't have nearly as many fans as you.

Don't worry about being behind ..... going away for a week and I am SO struggling with catching up on my subscribed threads AND cope with real life!

I do read on your trip report ..... I just don't get around to posting - but I will do soon, I promise! :hug:

Hi! You seem to be quite the expert on WP/WPE :thumbsup2. Can you tell me more about how they compare? We're only getting 2-day tickets with WPM, so I'm looking at good dining options outside the parks. Would it be repetitive to eat at WPE one day and WPC the next?

WPE is a counter service and the better and you will have a larger menu option at the Downtown Disney one. The food at the CS is really good and you order your food at the counter and it is then brought out to you by a server. You will eat with actual silverware and from a real plate, not like the usual CS paper plates. Your glasses will be refilled too!

WPC is at the Westside and a TS restaurant. Some of the menu items are the same but it feels different. (If that makes sense). We really like the Cafe as well as WPE and I would not mind eating there the same day - but I am biased - Wolfgang is Austrian and we really enjoy eating at our countryman's restaurants! ;)
Best to look up the menu on allearsnet or here on the DIS! :goodvibes

I just subscribed and read your entire thread. I love you reviews! It looks like a fun trip. We sailed on the Wonder a few years ago and now I want to return so badly! Thanks for the great pix and I can't wait for another update!

Welcome!
You read the whole thread? :worship: Wow!!
Yes, we did have a fun trip and we really enjoyed it and are looking forward to this years vacation. ;)
The Wonder is one wonderful ship! We will sail on the DREAM this summer - three cruises back to back to back - we went to see her and wave her off during our President's week trip and she is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Can't wait to cruise on her! So I do understand how you feel. Update coming up shortly!

Day 26, September 8

Dinner at Sanaa

After EMHs at the AK we drove over to Sanaa for dinner.

IMG_7941.jpg

I started by ordering a Kande Coconut Cooler - refreshing combination of Starr African Run, coconut, vanilla ice cream and orange juice and a Diet Coke. Well, the Diet Coke was just that, a Diet Coke, ...... the Coconut Cooler was really yummy. I had had it the year before and enjoyed it very much. You don't really taste the alcohol and it is nice and cold, so VERY good!

IMG_7942.jpg

Tom ordered a Tusker Premium Lager from Kenya, which he enjoyed a lot and a Diet Coke. Can't let that paid for soda go to waste! ;)

The DxDDP required us to order two starters, so we chose two, which we were going to share.

IMG_7943.jpg

IMG_7944.jpg

Our first choice were the Mustard Seed-crusted Scallops - with a Coconut Cream Sauce. Oh boy, these were good! The scallops were cooked just right, a little seared on the outside and still moist and soft.

Our second choice was the salad sampler!

IMG_7945.jpg

One of them was the Carrot, Orange and Mint salad - we both liked that very much!

IMG_7946.jpg

Second one was the Chickpea with Cucumber and Tomato. This one lacked in flavour big time. It was very mild in taste and didn't taste like salad at all. Our least favourite

IMG_7947.jpg

Third choice was the Roasted Potato, Corn and Spinach, which could have used some salt, but was quite nice.

Would we get a salad sampler again - I don't think so. We are used to a more seasoned salad and these salads didn't have much seasoning at all.

So, on to main courses:

IMG_7948.jpg

IMG_7949.jpg

Tom had the Tandoori Shrimp - served with Basmati Rice. These were very good. Shrimp cooked just right, the rice was very fragrant and the sauce that came with it was very tasty!

IMG_7951.jpg

I had the Slow Cooked in Gravy, Simple and Well Seasoned, choice of two served with Basmati Rice.

IMG_7952.jpg

First choice - Beef Short Ribs. OH MY GOD, these were so good. Fork tender and well spiced. :love:

IMG_7953.jpg

The rice has little seeds in it. I asked what they were - and have forgotten what they were! ;) :lmao: But, the rice (+seeds) was really fragrant and tasty.

IMG_7954.jpg

Second choice - Shrimp with Green Curry Sauce. Yummy too, but too many! I think there were 6 or 7 shrimp in that little bowl and by the time I had finished the beef and started on the shrimp I was feeling rather full. Tom had to help out with finishing off the shrimp!

IMG_7955.jpg

I had the Dessert Sampler - Chocolate Cake, Passion Fruit Kulfi, and Chai Cream.

IMG_7957.jpg

Passion Fruit Kulfi. By itself - not really much taste, but with the strawberries and the fruit coulis it was really nice!

IMG_7958.jpg

Chai Cream - nice but very rich and a very light chai taste. I was glad I only had the little cup as I would not have been able to finish a bigger one.

IMG_7959.jpg

Chocolate Cake - what's not to like about chocolate cake. And with the fruit coulis and the chai cream it was especially nice.

IMG_7962.jpg

Tom had the "regular" Chai Cream, which he enjoyed very much.

How much did we actually cost Disney?
54 dining credits
36 snack credits
Sanaa ...... 78,60 (2 DC ......... 18 DC remain)
2 Refillable Mugs ...... 29,80
Pop Corn Cart ...... 3 (1 snack credits ......... 25 snack credits remain)
Cost altogether ..... 1330,50 $

420$ - 1330,50 $ = 910,50 $

Next up - Dinner at Sanaa

wonderful update, the pictures looks yummy and the drink looks really good.
I'm amazing you are doing 3 TR (I LOVE ALL OF THEM and really appreciate you take me along thru your Disney trip). I'm trying to look into the Disney cruise but getting alittle overwelhmed.

Sanaa looks great! You reminded me that there are, in fact, more TS restaurants I want to try, Sanaa being one of them!

I only have one thing to say about your last update, "I love scallops!" those pics make me hungry.

Oh wow Sannaa looks sooooooooooooooo good. Those shrimps, where's the drooling emote :laughing:

Just love reading your threads! And now I get to look forward to your Presidents week one! Really helps to survive the time I have to wait until our trip :thumbsup2

BTW: could the seeds in the Sanaa rice have been toasted cumin? Adds a lovely smokiness to dishes. Yummm.

wonderful update, the pictures looks yummy and the drink looks really good.
I'm amazing you are doing 3 TR (I LOVE ALL OF THEM and really appreciate you take me along thru your Disney trip). I'm trying to look into the Disney cruise but getting alittle overwelhmed.

Thank you! We love Sanaa! The food is very different from the usual Disney food and we just really enjoy that! :thumbsup2
I don't know HOW I got myself into doing 2 trip reports, a pre-trippie and this Dining Review - but luckily we're getting close to the end of this trip and I'll be able to start a new one for our February trip!

If you have any questions on cruising with Disney, just ask! I'd love to help convince you that cruising with Disney is the best! ;) :laughing:

Sanaa looks great! You reminded me that there are, in fact, more TS restaurants I want to try, Sanaa being one of them!

I am sure you would love Sanaa! It's a wonderful restaurant, the food is great and the atmosphere is wonderful! :thumbsup2

I only have one thing to say about your last update, "I love scallops!" those pics make me hungry.

The scallops were so good! Maybe you can fit Sanaa in on your next trip? ;) :goodvibes

:lovestruc I loooove Sanaa! I have been wanting to try those Scallops, they look yummy.

Abby, they were so good! Try to fit them in when you go back to WDW! :thumbsup2

Oh wow Sannaa looks sooooooooooooooo good. Those shrimps, where's the drooling emote :laughing:

drool.gif
Here it is, Stefy! ;)
You need to go and try Sanaa - you'll love it! :goodvibes

Just love reading your threads! And now I get to look forward to your Presidents week one! Really helps to survive the time I have to wait until our trip :thumbsup2

BTW: could the seeds in the Sanaa rice have been toasted cumin? Adds a lovely smokiness to dishes. Yummm.

Thank you for reading! :goodvibes

Only a few more days to finish off here and then we are off to the President's week review! Lots of food was being consumed - yummy stuff! ;)

I need to dig out my notes and look up what the seeds were! :goodvibes I am sure they weren't cumin - we cook with that often, so it would have been easy to identify! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter