What did you bake today ? OK if not from scratch

Bran muffins. DS will be back in school on Monday (well, remote school, but he has to get up and have breakfast) and he likes 2 bran muffins to start his day. This batch should last me into Feb, if I'm lucky. The recipe is easy, but standing there, doling the batter into cups takes a long while. There must be an easier way than what I'm doing.

Oh, and this time, I used the KitchenAid to "Cream the shortening and sugar, then mix in the eggs, one at a time". What a godsend! I used to stand there with the hand mixer, trying to get the right consistency, when, all the while, I had this very expensive paperweight in the corner that would do a much better job in half the time. I have a new love for my neglected KitchenAid. Never again will I take you for granted.

Today I made cinnamon rolls using Paula Deen’s recipe. They were so good! Can’t wait to have one with a cup of coffee tomorrow morning. The only thing I did differently was to spread on a can of cream cheese icing when they were still very warm rather than make my own glaze.

Here is the recipe:

https://www.pauladeen.com/recipe/cinnamon-rolls/

That definitely counts! I often do that late summer/early fall when the herbs in my garden are plentiful. I really like having meatballs in the freezer for a quick, easy dinner that’s also homemade. I freeze mine raw though and cook them when I’m ready to use them.
I want it easier when I am ready to use them. Take two out of the freezer bag, pop in the microwave frozen for 1 3/4 minutes and like magic there they are. Finish cooking them in the sauce for a few and dinner is served.

Covid cake. Since we all have it and have severe cabin fever....let them eat cake!

Attachments

• 20210103_164250.jpg
    20210103_164250.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 15
Today I made cinnamon rolls using Paula Deen’s recipe. They were so good!

I haven’t made those inawhile, with the snow on the ground and day off tomorrow. I might make some for the weekend.

Have you tried her Christmas Eve rolls/monkey bread recipe ? You take already made bread roll dough. Think Rhodes rolls, place in a Bundt pan, sprinkle butterscotch pudding, melted buttter and brown sugar on them. Let them rise overnight and bake in the morning. The butterscotch crust and gooeyness make them delicious

Last edited:
2 dairy-free nut free western "quiches" (they more closely resemble frittatas in a pie crust b/c I make them more egg-y, but they were delicious:))...

Last edited:
I made a train cake today. Will probably just do a light glaze on it. Got the pan as a gift years ago but never used it. It has so many nooks and crannies I was afraid that the cake would not come out of the pan but it did!!

Express Train Cakelet Pan | Nordic Ware | Everything Kitchens

I'll post a pic of the cake when glazed.

I also made a Greek salad the other night that the family raved about!

MJ

Last edited:
tonight, my youngest likes to make choc cake. He got me a cookbook for Mother’s Day several years ago called The chocolate cake doctor You start with a box mix of devils food choc cake then add to it - applesauce, sour cream, etc. or bake it like normal and do special icing. tonight we are making a 2 layer cake. Half of the cake will have a layer of choc icing and then a layer of Peanut butter, his request. I will put a choc i cherry icing on my and hubbie’s half.
to make cherry chocolate icing......melt choc chips or choc pieces with 1/2 a can of condensed milk in a double boiler pan, then add JUST the juice from a maraschino cherry jar, slowly till you get the thickness you want. Use the cherries for decoration on top. Enjoy

I made a train cake today. Will probably just do a light glaze on it. Got the pan as a gift years ago but never used it. It has so many nooks and crannies I was afraid that the cake would not come out of the pan but it did!!

Express Train Cakelet Pan | Nordic Ware | Everything Kitchens

I'll post a pic of the cake when glazed.

I also made a Greek salad the other night that the family raved about!

View attachment 552764

MJ
I LOVE that pan! :lovestruc Please do post us a picture of the results.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter