• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What did you bake today ? OK if not from scratch

King Arthur's Limerick Soda Bread -- super easy and delicious! Nice moist crumb, not too sweet, yummy with or without butter. DH gave it two thumbs up. This recipe is a keeper!

ETA: The recipe with wholemeal flour uses 3 C., but the batter is quite wet. (With all purpose flour, the recipe calls for 3 1/2 C.) I added 1/2 C. all purpose flour to the wholemeal flour in the second batch which helped a lot.

Last edited:
Yesterday we baked and tried Pillsbury’s Funfetti Oreo Brownie - we give it two very strong 👎🏻👎🏻

How did the choc chip cookie cake work out ? Mentioned last week. I’ve discovered it takes 1 1/2 batches of choc chip cookie dough to fill my circle pan. I then leave a few holes around the dough for it to expand and take it out of the oven a few minutes early to finish baking in the pan while it cools. The kids love them ! And easy to cut into pieces to share with others

I loved him on the baking show! The recipe looks good. I will have to try it. Thanks!

I have his bread book. It's best to have a kitchen scale, so that you can keep to his measurements, which are often in grams. As for the oven temperatures, I set my oven to 425 as a conversion from 220, and I set it to 400 as a conversion from 200. Also, strong flour is the equivalent of bread flour in the US.

His YouTube videos help too.

Here's his bloomer one. My biggest challenge is not under proofing. An hour doesn't really do it for me.

Last edited:
I have his bread book. It's best to have a kitchen scale, so that you can keep to his measurements, which are often in grams. As for the oven temperatures, I set my oven to 425 as a conversion from 220, and I set it to 400 as a conversion from 200. Also, strong flour is the equivalent of bread flour in the US.

His YouTube videos help too.

Here's his bloomer one. My biggest challenge is not under proofing. An hour doesn't really do it for me.

thanks for the tips! I’ll post a photo when I end up making it.

Well, the GF doughnuts were not a win. DD said they tasted like biscuits :(
I'll have to work on changing the recipe to at least make them taste like really good biscuits.
GF is really hard to get a good texture with

I've got my teens tasked to figuring out a dairy free/ tree nut free donut that isn't just cake...that's their summer project.

Donuts are a pain to not make with the "standard formula"...

I mean, my girls figured out DF/TNF souffles before donuts:)...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter