What did you pack that was just a waste?

NerdDad said:
Jeans and a Jacket.

Now I lived in Orlando for 2 years, so I know that it's not impossible to need such things. And being in the military, shorts were not an option.

But last week (we just got back), it was just too hot to even worry about getting cold.

How hot was it?

Dress shoes....I never made it to Pleasure Island for a "night out". I was just to tired to bother. We did go downtown 2 nights but, with all the walking dress shoes would have been "way" impracticle.

Snacks.....we only ate our cereal on a few mornings and had snacks at the park....who wants a gronal bar when you can have a mickey icecream? (as has been stated before)

Other than that I did't over pack by any means...I actually wished I'd packed a light jacket along with having to wear my winter coat when we left.

Cinderpals said:
I went from a backpack to fannypack, now on my next trip, I'm going to try and bring a little zipper wallet to hold room key, pass, cell phone and some cash. I don't like stopping to get bag checked before entering the parks. If I need to store something (like ponchos), I usually get a plastic bag to hang off of my travel stroller. I still can't give up the travel stroller!

**I brought a suitcase of food/snacks for our 1st trip there.

If you need to condense your "take-alongs" I would suggest one of those see through cases that can be on a lanyard. You can purchase them at Wal-Mart, Target, etc., and any diving/boat shop. They are great for the water parks.

Disney Crazy Debbie

groovy~disney said:
Don't know if this is true or not, but I've heard that when you freeze a bottle of water and then drink it once it has thawed that chemicals in the plastic bottle get into the water and it could be harmful. Again, not sure how true that is, but just what I've heard... :confused3

I don't know about the chemicals. What I do know is we went to the water park (in JULY, in TEXAS) with frozen water bottles and the ice WOULD NOT melt! We put the bottles in the sun when we sat down for lunch and the ice stayed solid. I was dying of thirst and ended up going to buy a Gatorade.

jackskellingtonsgirl said:
I don't know about the chemicals. What I do know is we went to the water park (in JULY, in TEXAS) with frozen water bottles and the ice WOULD NOT melt! We put the bottles in the sun when we sat down for lunch and the ice stayed solid. I was dying of thirst and ended up going to buy a Gatorade.

Yikes, you would think it would have melted in those conditions! That's some tough TX ice right there!!!

Snacks, clothes, toiletries, camera equipment.

Yea, they all take up precious space, weigh more, and don't end up being used.

this is awsome, i love reading this stuff

Love this Thread!!! I'm updating my Disney Packing list - even as I read this....

I definately took off the snacks, "dress" clothes and accessories, beach towels.... and cut the regular clothes in half.

I refuse to do laundry on vacation.
But I will do the smell test!! :crazy2:

If the reworn clothes just won't cut it - then I guess I'll just have to buy some Disney Apparel!!! :goodvibes

Love this thread also. Leaving in in 11 days :Pinkbounc and was thinking :rolleyes2 about taking snacks, read on another board to take a suitcase full and when empty you can bring back goodies you buy there in it. :rotfl: This usually doesn't pan out huh? Will still take a few tho, chips cookies, maybe poptarts and that's it!!! Also going to go and relook over outfits. Everybody just please say a small prayer that I can do this :grouphug: and not fall into the what if....category. Yaaa for disboards!!! :cheer2:

I brought too many snacks too esp. since we were on the DP. We used the breakfasty type ones (pop tarts) but the ones I brought to take to the park did not get eaten. Some candy did but that is about it. We would get our desserts to go and eat them in the room!

My daughter used to bring snacks that she wouldn't allow the girls to have at home because they were too expensive - little tiny oreos and ritz bits and caprisonnes - the kids LOVED to have their special snacks. BUT she could drive to the World, too.

I haven't read through all of the previous posts so this may be a repeat, but next trip I won't bring puzzle type books for the kids to use on the plane. They had their Gameboys but rarely used those either. Not one book got used the entire trip. They were content to just sit and talk and have a snack. I will still bring the Gameboys though in case we delayed and are hanging out in the airport.

What does everyone bring into the park with them? DH and I are trying to stay on budget and feel that food is where we will go over budget. I was going have Gardengrocer deliver breakfast and lunch items to the room and also bring some of our own snacks. Is that just going to waste my money? Also, we're going in July. Should we bring raingear? I think we were planning on getting a locker, but if we don't have to, it would make life easier. Let me know what you think.

MrsRyan said:
What does everyone bring into the park with them? DH and I are trying to stay on budget and feel that food is where we will go over budget. I was going have Gardengrocer deliver breakfast and lunch items to the room and also bring some of our own snacks. Is that just going to waste my money? Also, we're going in July. Should we bring raingear? I think we were planning on getting a locker, but if we don't have to, it would make life easier. Let me know what you think.

We have never ordered groceries for room delivery. However, it does rain almost every day in FL during the summer months, usually it is just a quick shower, maybe 15 or 20 minutes. My suggestion would be to get something cheap, like a rain poncho, etc., at Wal-Mart, a dollar store, or whatever (you know just a couple of dollars) and then throw it away when you leave. I wouldn't carry a umbrella they are just a nuiance (hope I spelled that right). Usually those compact rain covers will fit in a backpack and since you are talking about taking snacks you will probably have need of something like that anyway.

Disney Crazy Debbie said:
I wouldn't carry a umbrella they are just a nuisance.

I like taking a small compact umbrella if I am travelling solo and it is summer. It makes excellent shade while waiting in line or for a parade!

However when I travel with the family, I am already carrying too much stuff to be bothered with an umbrella. Besides, I would end up carrying four! :sad2:

MrsRyan said:
What does everyone bring into the park with them? Should we bring raingear? I think we were planning on getting a locker, but if we don't have to, it would make life easier. Let me know what you think.

Unfortunately, a locker won't help you if you're all the way across the park when it begins to rain. I got caught in a torrential storm last October (the night before Hurricane Wilma) and was sooooo glad I had an emergency poncho tucked into my fanny pack. They cost about 69 cents at places like Target, and I made sure I always had one with me. They're very compact; if you don't like carrying a fanny pack or backpack, they would easily tuck into a pocket. Once you're done using them, you can throw them away, they're that cheap! (I brought several with me on my trip, and was so glad I had them. The others in my party had to pay for the more expensive Mickey ponchos during our downpour - I think they cost about $8 or $9 each.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter