What do I say?

btass

DIS Veteran
A friend of mine's son is going to Iraq. I don't speak about serious things with this friend very often but I would like to acknowledge that I know the son is going. What would be appropriate to say? I feel like crying just thinking about it.

Just let your friend know that you are grateful for her son and all those dedicated to serving in the military. And that your thoughts will be with them, wishing them well. It is usually hardest for those that are home, worrying about their loved ones in Iraq. So just be there for her if she needs to get some of her emotions out.

just let her know that you are there for her. I know we have many people praying for us and it makes a huge difference knowing so many people care.

I could not agree more with what has already been said. It is nice to know that people are thinking of your loved one while they are overseas.

Just showing support helps more than you know. Offer to send a letter to her son or help with a care package....if you want to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter