what do men wear to the parks?

tami82

DIS Veteran
My husband has alot of heavy type t-shirts and i asked him today if he had anything lighter (he doesnt) to wear to the parks. I cant see him wearing those and being comfortable. Do alot of men wear tank type tops or can you suggest something? He is a Large Tall

I typically wear a golf shirt (poly blend, wicking material), comfortable shorts, and Crocs Athens Flip Flops. I usually wear a cap/hat and sunglasses. I am very hot natured, and the material of the shirt not only keeps you cool, but also dry.

My DH is the anti fashion statement while in the parks.

He wears white T-shirts with basic logos on them and a pair of shorts.

Tennis shoes for his feet.

A hat for his head.

Any color other than white becomes a heat magnet in the warmer months.

My DH wears cargo shorts (he refuses to carry any type of pack so he fills the pockets) and he will usually wear either a golf shirt (light weight type), tank top or t-shirt (regular colored hanes type). He will wear sock sometimes and usually wears a pair of river trekkers on his feet. These are a cross between a sneaker and a sandal.

The golf shirts he usually wears are from Lands End and are very light weight (they sell several weights and fabrics). They also sell tall sizes I think. He got the tanks at Sears also.

Wife beater, gold chains, boxers with tighty whities underneath, and flip flops.
:cool1:

Seriously, though. Cargo shorts w/ belt for cell phone if we're meeting people.
Zippered pockets rule.
Socks and sneakers are a must.

I want to find a good non-baseball hat with a nice all around brim that looks good on me that can also be worn out of the parks, but I can't find one. I've been trying for years and never been happy.

Shirts vary. I like my Disney Tees.

Tank tops on men, unless they're hairless and built like Michael Phelps, is a big yuck for me. There's nothing nice about hairy armpits staring out at you when you're trying to eat lunch. :sick:

I say go for a polo/t-shirt. That's what my DH wears and he's very comfortable.

Tank tops on men, unless they're hairless and built like Michael Phelps, is a big yuck for me. There's nothing nice about hairy armpits staring out at you when you're trying to eat lunch.e.
I got horribly burned wearing a tank top at Disney so I stopped. I pity hairless men who do.

I find thick polo shirts like alligator (Izod) shirts to be uncomfortably hot. Especially if they are a tight fit.

Disney hints: http://www.cockam.com/disney.htm

For me, I wear shorts that don't bag. I can't stand getting rubbed by the oversized shorts that are made nowdays. Light weight wicking shirts. Good wicking socks and some very good shoes. I would never consider wearing flipflops in the parks; my feet couldn't stand it. Good hat, sunglasses, and some good sunblock and I'm set.

My husband also wears the moisture wicking golf shirts - he swears he will not wear another t-shirt to the parks! They are just too hot and holds in the heat.

thanks everyone for the suggestions. I went to Target the other day and they have a ton of Champion brand clothes with the moisture wicking, cool material and bought a few. They definitely were very lightweight and look like they will be the perfect solution for Disney.

Well for me its usually a Disney print T-shirt, jeans (never liked shorts no matter what kind), ball cap, and either my tennis shoes or ropers.

My Dh just wears what he does at home. T-shirt, cargo shorts, socks and tennis shoes. He even brought some of his black t-shirts and ended up buying some lighter ones at Disney since he was too hot with those. I don't know what he was thinking.

Once he wore sandals with socks. That was pretty funny looking. :rotfl:

I just wear a muscle shirt and cargo short with flip flops. I'm the type of person that can't handle a sweaty T-shirt, so I need to go with a muscle shirt to relieve my shoulders and arms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter