what do you collect?

disney_for_life

Mouseketeer
With there being so many wonderful Disney "things" to collect I was wondering what does everyone collect? Since I stared the thread I will go first. I collect Disney pins and snowglobes. I also just recently started to collect car toppers. What do you collect?

I've been collecting sericels. The lastest one was "Her Castle Awaits" of Cinderella and I want to pick up "Around the World" at the end of the month. I'm getting out of control...I think I need a 12 step program.

I collect snowglobes, I have around 100 of them, mostly older ones from before Disney gave up TDS. I am thinking of selling them though, because if and when I move I just don't want to pack them all up and move them and I am tired of the dusting. I have to check out how things are moving on Ebay and the other sites but I just don't seem to have the energy and time it takes.
I also have Mickey antenna toppers. I have 42 of them right now but they are only Mickey ones, not the other characters.
Pins of course are my number one collection. I have thousands. I was one of those "I have to get every one that comes out" people from 2000-2004. I have cut back since my cancer scare and have probably bought 6 since Sept 2004. I am also going to cut them back soon, to Mickey, Mickey and Friends, Figment and Patriotic. I have so many pins that I keep in a drawer in the pin bag that I don't even look at anymore. Pins deserve more than being put away in a drawer.
I do have alot of other small groups of stuff. I have the 12 "25th" anniversary plates from Hamilton Collection that were made during the Pink Cake castle year. Personally I liked the pink cake. I also have some plates that my mother gave me each Christmas and Mother's Day when she was alive. I have around 10 for each holiday. I cherish them because my mom ordered them each year for me.
I also have the outside flags from the Mickey and Friends Holiday series. My neighbors look forward to seeing the new flag when I change them each month. I got those from Hamilton Collection too. Peggie

Mostly pins, but also some pressed coins. Usually I'll only get coins when something special happens. Like the first time I rode Mission Space.

Reciepts

I have so many it's not even funny :rotfl2:

No but DD does the collecting for her train garden in her TINK ROOM (see sig ).

Snowglobes , Pins ,Charms are the biggest.

Anything Disney! LOL My big ones though are pins, snowglobes, Lithos, DVD's, cups/coffee mugs, Mickey Mouse Ears, figures. To name a few....

:thumbsup2 I started collecting in the 5th grade.....watches, figures, stuffed animals, snowglobes, a clock from it's a small world, christmas decorations,glassware, charms from disneyland made in Germany 1.25 .....found those at goodwill :wave: car toppers, t-shirts, picture frames, cookie jars, cereal jars from the 50's, books from the 30's.....that's all I can think of right now..... :rolleyes1

FigNewton said:
Thanks for posting the link FigNewton I doubt I could of explained it that well. Basically I like Disney Artwork, but can't afford the real production prints so I've purchased a few sericels. Some have some hand painted areas too.

Here's a link to the two I've purchased this year. I also have "Welcoming a New Millenium" which has all the characters from the 1900s that came out in 2000.

I collect Tinker Bell figurines from early Disneyland, old Disneyland cups and saucer sets and old Disneyland plates, spoons, and metal pieces.

I do have pins and pin sets, about 10 sericels, some Disney tiles and some Classics pieces, Disney Harmony Kingdoms, and Disney Lenox.

I love the snowglobes too but they started making them so big, that I stopped collecting them. No space.

Tinker Bell is my main focus, but I also collect Peter Pan (and gang), Pinocchio (& gang) Alice in Wonderland (just Alice) and some Sword in the Stone figurines.

Too much stuff!! :blush:

I collect snowglobes, Christmas ornaments, and Disney posters. I want to start collecting Disney art, but I can't afford it right now. I'll finally finish school in May, so maybe I'll start collecting it on my first trip after graduation... :scratchin

disney_for_life said:
Where do you get your PVC figures from? I have only been able to find them at the Disney Store?

Most of ours have come from the Disney Store, too. We have found some of the Pooh PVC figures at Dollar Tree. We also found some Stitch PVC figures at Mickey Mart in DTD. I count the Happy Meal toys that we've amassed from McDonald's over the years as part of our PVC collection, too.

My wife and my largest collection is Disney Christmas Ornaments. For the past 4 trips we've made to either Disneyland or Disneyworld, we buy up almost every christmas ornament we see that we don't already have.

She specifically likes the ones that aren't glass. I just know we have enough to have two or three well decorated trees.

I just started collecting pins (I have no desire to trade).

I want to collect the art you can buy at Art of Disney and the collectible figurines and the buildings

I've collected pins, cookie jars, picture frames, snowglobes, Christmas ornaments, and watches. I've cut back quite a bit; dusting is not my forte`. :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter