what do you collect?

I collect Walt Disney Classic Society, Enesco and Lenox Figurines. Artwork, Art of Disney Cross Stitch patterns (currently working on Cinderella's Castle), Pins, Snowglobes, anything that's purple and Mickey for my guest bathroom, and anything that's blue and Mickey for the the guest Mickey bedroom. Mini snowglobes, Mcd's Disney toy figures, Disney Garden and furniture items, about 50 Disney watches, Disney plush, Disney Yard flags, all the Mr. Potato Head disney parts, the Disney Princess Dolls from the Germany store in Epcot, and finally Disney Dust!

Anything and almost everything related to the Lion King and the sequels. This includes pins, watches, plates, sericels, production cels, paintings, maquettes, and international movie posters.

I collect Disney watches...of course this is a family tradition, my father has a large disney watch collection, so do two of my brothers.

Although I have a bunch of disney watches but I only wear one of my disney watches reguarly...my other collection is coffee mugs, another family tradition.

Here is a picture of a couple of my watches

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m94/smooshdog/IMG_0677.jpg

Mostly just the Disney Dollars from the parks and the Store. My DD got the hooked on the Pins on her last trip and so I collect those by default with her. Beside Disney, I collect Baseball cards and I still have a few Magic cards left from when I was in high school.

walt.jpg

Cast Member nametags. You can see the rest at the link in my sig. :groom:

A few pins and some snow globes as well as a lot of other Disney stuff. Sorta got lost in the mess but I like trains and lenox disney right now.

I collect pins but don't really trade. I started buying specific ones in '02 based on which rides I'd been on and hotels I'd stayed in, etc, ad then also got some general ones of my favourite characters/rides/lands/etc. I have quite a few now. :) That's probably the only thing I could say I really collect per se - otherwise it's just general Disney stuff' - a few Christmas ornaments, shirts, plushies, CDs, and various bits and pieces.

I also have a few snowglobes, some POTC merchandise and figures, a few plushies, and am finally starting to build up my classic Disney movies DVD collection - hurrah for the current buy one get one free offer! :woohoo:

I always see so much stuff I'd like, especially household stuff, but there's no way I could get most of it home - also, I'd need to start selling body organs to pay for it all. But I usually manage to fill my suitcases each time I go! :blush:

I used to collect those heavy pewter coins that were sold in the parks and resorts all through the 90s. Each park had its own design, and some of the e-ticket attractions like Pirates and Star Tours had their own as well. Some of the coins were pewter colored and some were bronze colored. They sold for $5 when I first bought them in 1990, and only went up to $6 by the time they were discontinued in the late 90s.

I also collect $1 Disney Dollars. I have a $1 note from every year of issue except 1995 (still looking if anybody has one). Since they only cost $1, they're an easy to afford collectable.

I collect a bit of everything, but mostly DVD's, because my father buys and sells DVD's, and has a big collection, and I organize the Disney DVD's.

I've started ith Pin Trading recently, but I don't have many.

I collect anything that has chip n dale from comic books to happy meal figurines. I love the hunt of looking for chip n dale stuff at flea markets, antique shops, and of course ebay.

Mostly I collect animation art. Right now my collection is mostly of lithographs, but I'm finally at a point that I can afford to branch out a little. I have quite a few lithographs from reserving DVDs at The Disney Store. I've been told they aren't really worth the trouble of collecting but I do anyway.

I'm also quite fond of The Lion King though my collection is a little small. I have the DVDs of course, lithographs, the Art of the Lion King book, some snow globes, a Timon plush from back in 1994 a few weeks before the film was even released, and I think I even have some trading cards. I almost got an autographed poster but the guy who runs the store I saw it in now insists he never had it. :confused3

I have quite a few Eeyore bean bag plushies though I haven't collected any in some time now. Eeyore and Rabbit are almost the only two characters from the 100 Acre Woods I really like (though Kanga, Roo, and Owl are neat). I know it's probably some kind of blasphemy not to like Pooh, but his powers of cute just don't seem to work on me. Eeyore, though, has personality.

I also have one of the glass steins from Germany and some of the collectable glasses and cups from ordering special drinks at the park, and photos from every ride that takes them so far except the Buzz Lightyear ride at the Magic Kingdom.

Of course I have some pins too.

I don't collect a specific Disney item, like pins or snowglobes or whatever. Pretty much anything Disney!! Although, I do have tons of Eeyore stuff. (He's my favorite :teeth:) Like an Eeyore lamp, alarm clock, sheets, etc etc etc lol.

I collect Disney Globes. I have about 18 of them. I love them so much and need a curio cabinet to show them off. I am affraid up breaking them! I would like to also start collecting disney teapots. :love:

Newbie here, from Australia. We visit DL every 2 years and between us collect most things. My husband, daughter and i all collect pins, different ones though. I also collect watches (only Mickey), plushies and christmas ornaments. My daughter collects pins (only Tink) and anything Tink...and my husband collects pins and collector watches, only the hand drawn ones with the art work..limited edition type. He has Scar, POTC, Mickey, and some others, about 9 i think.
Our house is basically Disney decorated...lol. I love to Scrapbook our pictures and I frame most of our pins with pictures...most of our walls are covered with Disney one way or another.
Vicki in Oz

OHh, i forgot my most precious items, I collect Mickey ears, I have 2 large display cabinets full, have most of the ears that have ever been put out..including 4 of the YOAMD ones...old 1950s Mousekateer ears etc...

vicki in Oz

I collect the Mr. Potato Head pieces. I bought two boxes of pieces at Downtown Disney during our December 2006 trip. I could still buy another couple of boxes of pieces but I guess I'll have to wait for our next trip.

Our whole family just started pin trading this past trip also. We had a blast. I also found out I can use pin trading and photography as a way to presuade my husband to take another trip next year. he he

I also collect PVC figures. I've gotten quite a few off ebay, MC D's toys, and previous Disney trips. I just bought the Figment holding spaceship Earth at Epcot from this last trip.

I always try to get a magnet that has the year we took our trip on it.

My last thing is scrapbooking supplies. I always buy a new scrapbook for each trip plus a small photo album. I bought mickey scissors and a paperpack this trip also. fun fun fun

When referring to PVC figures are you speaking of the little (less than 1") figures that are 18 per set and 4 sets or the 1-3" high figures that come 6-8 per set.

I've got a full set of the little ones and am working on the second. Only have POTC, Lilo & Stitch & Incredibles of the larger one.

I've also completed my POTC & HM diorama collections. These are currently on special sale ($3-5 instead of $19.99) at the Disney Outlet in Fullerton.

My DW started gifting me the Bronze Castings last Christmas and I'm expecting another one this year. DW is into Christmas ornaments and has added a Tink Tree Topper this year.

I love the fullerton outlet...we went there first last trip to DL...pick up good pins very very cheap and take them to the park to trade, its a great way to save money...

Vicki in Oz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter