What do you do if it rains all day?

noahsmom

17 and counting
We are leaving in 5 days, the extended forecast is bleak for next weekend. I know - that's a long way off and things can change. I know it's common for afternoon showers and we are prepared for that. But what if it rains All Day!? What do you do?

Kelli

We put on some waterproof shoes, our ponchos & head out the door! ;) We never let the rain stop us at Disney - it's usually pretty warm regardless, & most of the rides will still be running in the rain. Many rides are indoors & the World Showcase has a lot of shops & things to check out indoors. :)

I don't know if you have small childeren or not, but, if everyone is big enough to walk and move - we just put our Mickey ponchos on and go, go, go!!!!!!:umbrella:

I remember a trip a couple years ago, where I think it rained virtually all WEEK! We went to the parks anyways, which I'd suggest, at least all except AK. That park wasn't really set up for rainy day touring, there's too much to see outside. If you really want to sit inside for a shile, get a table upstairs in Columbia Harbour House in MK, then watch all the people who aren't dressed for the rain run frantically, usually running into each other because they're looking down to keep the rain out of their face-it's a funny sight! Then listen to children who complain "I haven't seen Mickey and Minnie all day!" They expect to see the characters in the rain. If you've got little ones who want to see characters, try the building in Town Square by Tony's. The only disadvantage with Epcot is that it's so spread out, you can get pretty wet going from building to building. But have fun anyways!

Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...:teeth:
Michele

You could always check out Disney Quest in Downtown Disney. It's got plenty of stuff to do that would take up most of your day. Or how about a movie at the multiplex in DD? It's beautiful there. Or a ride over to the outlets? Only about 20 minutes away and great shopping. Or my favorite thing....park my butt at the Boma buffet and stay there all afternoon lol. Have a great vacay!

animickball.gif

Grab that poncho and head to the park! The crowds are usualyl lighter, too =) Makes for a great park day!

We put on our ponchos and head straight to a park and take advantage of all the short lines and empty restaurants.
:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

Would it be a good day to hit the waterpark...as long as no lightening?

Break out the Mickey ponchos and head for the parks

Go shopping

Go to Disney Quest

Go resort hopping

Originally posted by Aimeedyan
Grab that poncho and head to the park! The crowds are usualyl lighter, too =) Makes for a great park day!

I agree completely. Some of our best days at MK have been during the rain. MK minus the crowds= a beautiful thing! ;)

We didn't get rained on this last trip, but in December we went to MGM when it was cold & pouring. We put on Mickey ponchos & went on ToT and RRC multiple times with no lines. :teeth: The rain keeps people away, so the lines are near to none. Take a poncho & take advantage of the weather! ::yes::

The forecast in FL for the summer is always rain. We went last Aug and I was terrified about how much rain there would be. It turned out to be not that bad. Nothing more than an afternoon thundershower for a few of the days. But make the best of it - you are still in the Happiest place on earth. We have a few pictures of us soaked and just running around having the times of our lives. You also get to skip alot of the lines (for the rides that are still open - and if you are still around when the rain stops - you will be the first one on), as a lot of people retreat back to the hotels.

Enjoy your vacation no matter what. And if you see Peter Pan jump in some puddles with him- its a lot of fun!

Originally posted by Hadjii
Or my favorite thing....park my butt at the Boma buffet and stay there all afternoon lol. Have a great vacay!

animickball.gif

I didn't think they opened until 5 or 5:30. How do you stay at the Boma buffet all afternoon? Go to the brunch and refuse to leave? Sounds pretty good to me!

If we get one day of rain during the week, we go to MK even if we've already been there that trip. That is the best park in the rain since there are lots of attrations very tightly packed and you can go from one to the next to the next and barely step out into the rain.

If the whole trip is rainy, which happened to us a few years ago in December, we put on our ponchos and go like we would any other time (just wetter). We did all 3 parks (AK wasn't there yet), hotel-hopped, did DTD and just about everything we would normally do at Disney. We didnt' let the rain stop us one bit.

I took my DS8 and nephew 9 last summer and they loved the rain. When I asked the boys what there favorite part of the trip was.....yep....the rain. We live in San Diego and only get a little rain in the winter here so they thought it was the coolest. Plus it was pretty refreshing on those HOT days. It didn't stop us at all. It would definitely be more challenging with smaller kids.

We brought light, windbreakers with hoods and were "Good to Go!"

Bring a poncho. When we went to Epcot on our first day at the parks it rained most of the day. Just wear a poncho with comfortable shoes that won't soak up in water and just go to place to place.

DS has water shoes that he wears--I will go with my flip-flops if it rains. Not sure that will work for the blister-prone among us, though!

Someone mentioned water parks in the rain. As long as it isn't lightening, we are going to BB, rain or shine. I figure if it's sunny, that will be lovely, if it rains, lines will be shorter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter