What do you do with your VHS Disney videos ?

I read an article last year that certain ones were very valuable, but DS, who keeps up on Disney collecting, said that's not current info and they're virtually worthless. We still have a working VCR so we keep them.

Throw them away ?

Sell them ? How ?

Keep them ? Why ?

We have lots of great Disney VHS movies - all in great shape.
Not sure what to do with them.
I have an original thee little mermaid vhs is it still valuable I wonder?

We threw out most when we moved about 15 years ago. The Disney ones were some of the few that were kept. My parents still have a VHS player and will put on a movie for my kids to watch periodically.

I have an original thee little mermaid vhs is it still valuable I wonder?
If it has the controversial original phallic cover it might be worth some bucks to a collector. The box is definitely worth more than the cassette.

I just saw on eBay someone’s asking for $7500.00 for the original LM banned box!

Last edited:
Threw them away, though I think we might still have Peter Pan and 101 Dalmations lurking somewhere. We've got all of the ones we had on DVD, and yes I still use DVDs regularly.

I do have the original Little Mermaid VHS with the "questionable" cover. I wonder how much it's really worth.

I still have all of my Disney VHS. I know they're basically worthless monetarily and I don't even have a VHS player to play them on anymore, plus I have all of the movies and more on DVD. But I just can't bring myself to get rid of them. Too much nostalgia.

I just gave all ours to goodwill. We had a whole trash bag full! Took up all the shelving in my tv stand. Now I can put some other clutter in there :D. Like my photo albums, talk about clutter, I wonder how many of those I have? A LOT!!

If it has the controversial original phallic cover it might be worth some bucks to a collector. The box is definitely worth more than the cassette.

I just saw on eBay someone’s asking for $7500.00 for the original LM banned box!

:rotfl2:I always say, they can ask what they want. But nobody ever buys at those crazy prices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter