What do YOU get from the DIS?

PRINCESS VIJA

Viva Latvia!
I love the DIS and am so glad I found it. Initially I came here when planning our trip. Then when the Disney withdrawal hit after our trip I ventured to the community board and have found my home. I come here often and use it for many reasons. Here are my reasons, what are yours?

1. Information! I rarely listen to the news and get most of my news from here.
2. FRIENDS! I have gained many friendships. :wave:
3. Inspiration
4. support found on the WISH
5. STRESS relief. After bad days at work I come here and browse and I relax.
6. Answers to my questions.
7. And I have to mention all the help I got in promoting the latvians to be aired during the Olympics opening ceremony. I will always remeber the kindness of you helping out with that.
8. Humor, some of the stories and jokes I read here have me rolling with laughter!

info of course
the laughter of some of the jokes and stories
the newfound friends! :)
finding fellow Moulin Rouge fans! :)

I have gotten a ton of good information here that has been wonderful.

Besides that, I have found a great group of people... many are wonderful and dear friends to me. I can come here to "get away from it all" or to share things. You all are like family to me so I really enjoy just spending time even if only online with you :)

I have made some wonderful friends who are true friends indeed. I enjoy laughing, crying, sharing, joking, and everything else we do here. I have gotten support when I have been down and encouragement when I'm happy. Of course I have also gotten tons of valuable information, but it's the people that make the DIS so special to me. :)

Everything you said Princess VIJA, except #7;) I also found great solace here and support when I was mourning a family friend who left behind an infant daughter. The DIS was the first place that came to me when I needed to reach out, and so many people were here for me. I also love the fact that I can get input from all over the country and further! It truly fascinates me. This place is WAY COOL!
Pam

A bit of an escape

Support when I need it

The viewpoints of people around the country (and world)

a very good laugh, once in a while

Our own little soap opera (and the grand exits and returns - kinda like when the characters get killed off then return)
Information

Answers

...I could go on............

I get my "fix" and the feeling as though I belong somewhere - with all of the other Disney lovers/fans/fanatics and whatever else we choose to call ourselves!

Peace

Maureen:smooth:

Disnee Dad Says......................................I come here for three reasons.

1. To show everyone how smart I am that I have the answer to everyones problems.

2. To show everyone how witty I am when I come up with a couple of good lines.

3. To read all the other posts to realize I'm not half as smart or half as witty as most of you guys! lol. But I'll keep trying!

I came here for the free snacks; I stay for the free cocktails. . .

;)

:teeth:

Oh come now JTB. .. it's not my fault your trash doesn't get taken out on a regular basis. . . .

;)

:teeth:

She's still bitter cuz someone peed in her Special K.;)

I'm bitter because my favorite DOC doesn't come to the loony bin any more, I need some feckin cough drops, and my dang dog ran away. :mad:

Lilboo!!! How dare you spread that kind of slander about JTB!!! I'm disapointed and shocked to say the least!!! :eek:

It was her Cornflakes, not her Special K!!! ;)

Here JTB. . . I just can't argue with anyone who has lost thier dog. . :(

Cheers sweetie!!

zgljackgj_4.jpg

Hope your puppy comes home soon. . :) :) :)

Oh man! Sweetie... now THOSE are the BLUUUES...the way things are going though, I'd be wary of what's in that glass Willy's handing you...(no offense Willy;))...

("dang dog"...I love you Texans.:))

(Just to be "on topic"...the above is an example of what I come to the CB for...thread-hijacking;).)

LOL, Willy. ;)

I came here for some info on our first and only family WDW trip in '99, and stayed because of the great people I met here, and subsequently so many of them in real life. You mean a lot to me, we ARE family.

You know it is funny how many times I refer to the DIS during my everyday conversations..I do it alot.

I originally came to the dis to plan a trip..I rec'd sooo much help and information on the DIS abilities board. We could not have done the trip to WDW without their special brand of help.

Then I wandered over here to the CB.. it took me a LONG time to feel like I was more than an outsider who stumbled upon a closeknit family. Not anyone's fault it's just that the CB has a very familial feel to it.

After being a Diser for almost 3 years I can easily tell you what I get from the DIS.

1. Cyber friends that have become RLF friends..WOW!!! Cyberfriends who remain cyberfriends.. how cool is that?! WAY COOL!!
2. FUN!
3. Information on ALL KINDS OF STUFF, stuff I want to know, stuff I need to know, and sometimes stuff that is just TMI~!!!!!!;)
4. An outlet for my need to help others...

so that is what I get.. I only hope I give as good as I get!

Joan

Like so many others, I came here looking for info on upcoming trips, and stayed because I found a terrific place to just hang out in. Great info, great insights, great fun. The best way I have found to start my day!!! Thanks.

I get all sorts of information from the DIS!! I get answers to Reward Program Trivia, hints on how to save money, tips for Disney World to make it easier...lots of useful things...but the best thing I get is friends!! :) I have so many friends here on the DIS and I love to come and talk to everyone! :) The Dis is the best! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter