What do you give out for Halloween?

Costco box of full size bars....KitKat, Peanut Butter cups, Hershey;s with and without almonds (they did not have the boxes with Skittles and Starburst this year :( )
So I bagged up a bunch of small non chocolate candy.
Then small bags of chips and bags with little toys.
We have 4 big bowls with them. They can then pick their own

I like to give out something chocolate and something chewy. The chocolate I buy every year is snickers, almond joy, twix, reeses, pay day, plain and peanut M7M's, babe ruth, 1000,00 grands, nestle. Also picked up 2 different kinds of skittles and some gummy eye balls from Costco. Kroger used to have 50% off Halloween candy a couple of days before Halloween. Last year it was 30% off. This year, nothing. I did manage to get some BOGO's at Walgreens and the rest at Target. As with everything else, prices have gone up.

We've got the Costco chocolate assortment, plus a few other things if kids don't like/can't have chocolate. (Packs of halloween shaped pretzels -- I bought them as box filler for care packages I sent my college kids, but there were extras. Plus a variety of non-food trinkets.) I usually tell kids that they can choose two items. I'm actually kind of surprised at how many choose at least one non-candy item.)

We didn't get any kids last year. Even my little cousin is going to the next town over to trick-or-treat. Just in case, we got some mini pretzels.

Well, I bought a bag of Reese's peanut butter cups that I managed not to eat- I'll give those out if we get anyone. We live on a cul de sac so we usually only get three or four kids. I also have quite a candy stash of my own so I could add Trader Joe's apple cider caramels and See's peppermint and orange krispy's as they are individually wrapped.

I usually buy a bag of mini bars in case we get any kids; which in 8 years at our current address, we never have. An office colleague mentioned to me that they give out juice boxes and cans of pop. Sounds like a great plan - I have a few of both on hand so if the unexpected happens, that's what they will get. Go ahead and call me the Scrooge of Halloween; I'm OK with it. :laughing:

We don’t have a lot of kids in our neighborhood but always have candy just in case. This year we got Hershey’s miniatures. Other times we have bought different types of the fun packs.

Nothing this year. Our neighborhood received a lot of aggressive panhandlers last year. At first I thought they were fundraising for something but got very abusive. The majority of my neighbors are skipping the whole thing now. I brought candy to the town’s childrens Halloween parade instead. They throw it off floats.

Nothing this time. I put off getting anything and couldn't find anything worth giving out. I went to Costco, Target, and a local supermarket. There was a complete lack of Halloween style candy, although I suppose there were bulk candies and maybe chips. About all was my closest Target had this off-brand generic candy that I wasn't going to pass out. Didn't seem right but not much I can do about it now.

I'm just going to turn off the front light and if anyone shows I'll just tell them I couldn't find anything.

A bag of SmartFood popcorn, a mini bag of Sour Patch Kids, and a small bottle of water for anyone who's thirsty.

SmartFood is my son's favorite so leftovers go in his lunches, Sour Patch Kids are a treat I enjoy on movie nights, and bottled water never goes to waste. And Trick-or-Treating can be thirsty work; so many kids and parents both are often happy to have some water.

I have bags of Mounds, Reese’s pumpkins, and Nestle Crunch.

This is what I DON’T give out. :crazy2:

DFEDD158-F990-4291-B50E-64CE85B33BBB.jpeg

Smarties and the wax soda bottles are OK, but the rest are wretched.

Attachments

• C50144DE-FBA7-41B2-A554-3E9C322CB425.jpeg
    C50144DE-FBA7-41B2-A554-3E9C322CB425.jpeg
    74.3 KB · Views: 0
Mini or fun size snickers, milky way, twix, kitkat, reeses, twizzler, jolly rancher, m n ms and three musketeers. Had 20 kids already and it's not dark yet.
Our neighborhood is 1 entrance and all cul de sacs so we get a lot of kids. At lest half decorate and give out candy

My cul de sac was supposed to have a neighborhood party tonight but was postponed due to the rain + time conflicts so I bought miscellaneous candy (Snickers, Starbursts, Reeses, etc.) and individual bags of chips. The chips were gone within 30 minutes of kids showing up at my door - kids LOVED them.

Costco chocolate assortment and gummy candy assortment. I also received a box from Amazon in error of two big bags of Reese’s assortment and another bag of gummy candy assortment which they told us to keep. I’m handing out big handfuls to everyone.

I made up little bags with different kinds of treats -
One bowl has chocolates
One has fruity/peanut-free stuff
Plus a few with non-food stuff

And one has (clearly labeled!) dog treats - we've had four pups out with their people so far - one was a skeleton, one was a bat, one was an angel, and the fourth wasn't dressed up

Last edited:
We will probably only get about 20 kids,
I never know how many kids we'll get. One year we had 8, the next over 80. I buy a big bag of candy (yeah, I'll finish it off on those years there aren't many). If there's a lot, and I start to run low on candy, I just just turn off the porch light and that's it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter