What do you think of my dining plans?

Once.Upon.A.Time

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone,

Made my dining plans for my fiancé and I for our trip to Disney from February 26th to March 2nd. Please let me know what you think.

Tuesday night (Disney Springs): Terralina Crafted Italian Dinner (9:00pm reservation)
Wednesday night (Animal Kingdom): Rainforest Cafe Dinner at Animal Kingdom (7:00 reservation)
Thursday night (Magic Kingdom): The Crystal Palace (6:50)
Friday (Epcot): Coral Reef (7:00)

Thanks so much, any help is appreciated. We have the regular dining plan.

Looks like some good choices. The one I would probably change would be Rainforest Cafe. While I think the atmosphere is fun for kids, the food is average at best. I think either Tusker House or Yak & Yeti are better choices at AK, with Yak & Yeti being one of our families must do restaurants.

We have had some not so great meals at Coral Reef, but the menu looks as though it has undergone some changes recently. I have also seen some reports of good experiences recently. I was considering giving it another try on our next trip based on the changes.

I agree with switching out Rainforest Cafe....check out the Yak & Yeti menu to see if appeals or go with Tusker House for fun character interaction.

Hi everyone,

Made my dining plans for my fiancé and I for our trip to Disney from February 26th to March 2nd. Please let me know what you think.

Tuesday night (Disney Springs): Terralina Crafted Italian Dinner (9:00pm reservation)
Wednesday night (Animal Kingdom): Rainforest Cafe Dinner at Animal Kingdom (7:00 reservation)

Not been to Terralina. Regardless, we enjoy most every place we've been in Disney Springs and I find most every place has good food. Enjoy!

I'm not a fan of Rainforest because of their food. Amazing theming - yes. We prefer grabbing some cocktails and small plates at Nomad Lounge (in Pandora) over Yak & Yeti and/or Tusker House, but any-of-these-three versus Rainforest.

The characters of Winnie the Pooh are not amongst my favorites (Goofy for me), but a character buffet inside the Magic Kingdom is, well, magical. We try to have dinner at Be Our Guest because my child loves lamb chops & her parents enjoy meeting The Beast (only available at dinner).

We have better success at Coral Reef than most folks, but that was before the menu changed. We had a few 'go-to' items (i.e., fish with beans & greens) that are no longer available. The new menu is more focused on seafood and we very much enjoy the ambiance - so our plan is to go back. However, for the price, if quality matters over ambiance, we'd be enjoying a seafood meal at BlueZoo inside nearby Dolphin hotel over Coral Reef....but ambiance matters too and we enjoy Coral Reef.

Travel safely.

I also agree - would definitely switch out Rainforest for Yak and Yeti or even Boma, or Sanaa at AKL It's a quick and easy bus ride from the park to the lodge.

Agree with everyone, switch out Rainforest Cafe. We love Yak and Yeti. Also, many other better places then Coral Reef. We love Mexican and just ate at Hacienda de San Angel, awesome food.

Thank you, been to Coral Reef once about nine years ago. I don't remember the food, but I liked the atmosphere.

Hi everyone,

are you going with kids? I am only asking because these a kid friendly ventures and not really date night ones. I presume the signature ones are out of budget? Be Our Guest easily. Never been but this chef has. Michelin Star http://www.fronteracocina.com

Hi everyone,

Tuesday night (Disney Springs): Terralina Crafted Italian Dinner (9:00pm reservation) - We just had dinner here 1/19 - really enjoyed the whole meal from start to finish, I did a review on the review board if you want to check it out... Seafood Cannelloni was the bomb... Great choice

Wednesday night (Animal Kingdom): Rainforest Cafe Dinner at Animal Kingdom (7:00 reservation) - You will get alot of nay sayers on this spot, it is really fun and the food is typical bar food, service is always good when we have been which is often as we are FL. Resident and AP holders, we had lunch here on New Years day... I love the cobb salad here...

Thursday night (Magic Kingdom): The Crystal Palace (6:50) - Who doesn't love dinner with Pooh and Freinds, even with it being a buffet that do offer some interesting options.. The characters are so dang cute...

Friday (Epcot): Coral Reef (7:00) - This is one of our favorite spots, this is a very relaxing atmosphere, watching the sea life is really wonderful... We have eaten here several times, and we have never been disappointed with service or the meal... they offer some really nice wines, the Lobster bisque has been a fav... as well as the calamari.... DH like the steak and adds Crab Oscar to it, I normally order the Salmon, except when we have our grandson then I order the chicken as he helps me eat my dinner... the dessert overall are all good...

All great options a little bit of everything... have a wonderful visit...

are you going with kids? I am only asking because these a kid friendly ventures and not really date night ones. I presume the signature ones are out of budget? Be Our Guest easily. Never been but this chef has. Michelin Star http://www.fronteracocina.com

Thank you. No kids just my fiancée and I. We switched out Crystal Palace for Jungle Skipper Canteen. Want to try BOG, but can't seem to get an opening.

Tuesday night (Disney Springs): Terralina Crafted Italian Dinner (9:00pm reservation) - We just had dinner here 1/19 - really enjoyed the whole meal from start to finish, I did a review on the review board if you want to check it out... Seafood Cannelloni was the bomb... Great choice

Wednesday night (Animal Kingdom): Rainforest Cafe Dinner at Animal Kingdom (7:00 reservation) - You will get alot of nay sayers on this spot, it is really fun and the food is typical bar food, service is always good when we have been which is often as we are FL. Resident and AP holders, we had lunch here on New Years day... I love the cobb salad here...

Thursday night (Magic Kingdom): The Crystal Palace (6:50) - Who doesn't love dinner with Pooh and Freinds, even with it being a buffet that do offer some interesting options.. The characters are so dang cute...

Friday (Epcot): Coral Reef (7:00) - This is one of our favorite spots, this is a very relaxing atmosphere, watching the sea life is really wonderful... We have eaten here several times, and we have never been disappointed with service or the meal... they offer some really nice wines, the Lobster bisque has been a fav... as well as the calamari.... DH like the steak and adds Crab Oscar to it, I normally order the Salmon, except when we have our grandson then I order the chicken as he helps me eat my dinner... the dessert overall are all good...

All great options a little bit of everything... have a wonderful visit...

Thank you. We switched Crystal Palace for Jungle Skipper Canteen because my fiancée does not care for buffets much.

Hi everyone,

Update: We switched out Crystal Palace for Jungle Skipper Canteen because my fiancée does not care for buffets much.

Good choice switching CP for Skippers. As others have said, I would also switch out Rainforest for Y&Y or one of the AKL restaurants. The atmosphere is fun but the food is mediocre and there are lots of other places around the country to visit Rainforest Cafes.

I've never dined at your pick in Disney Springs, so I can't speak to that. However, I will say I'm a bit biased about Rainforest because I got HORRIBLE food poisoning there a couple years ago. We have a Rainforest cafe at a mega mall near me in MI, so it wasn't the Disney one I ate at, but ever since that visist i just have horrible feelings about that place lol! :rolleyes1that place is the epitome of high prices purely for the environment and not the food. If you ask me, i'd pass. But, if you dont have a rainforest in your home state and want to check it out, I can understand that. Coral Reef gets a lot of flack, but i've been there a number of times and I always enjoy myself. I've ordered the mahi mahi each time and it's been great for me. Crystal Palace is one of my favorite character dining restaurants. I enjoy the food they offer at the buffet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter