What do you use your ziploc bags for?

all my cosmetics were in bags.......
Hair items were in bags....like my shampoo and conditioner
hair spray.
my deordorant..
all my medications were in ziploc bags....so I could find them fast
sunblock was in bags.....
all our camera accessories were in bags
any type of item that I did not want to leak or get leaked on......
we also had some snacks that were put in bags to keep them together

My mother in law is a diabetic ......she had her whole testing kit and all
her insulin items in separate bags
I put bandaids and first aid items in bags......

I think that if my suitcase had been picked for checking.......they would of been happy to take out bags and put them back instead of a zillion items........
Some people also put individual days clothes in bags......for each day ......

When I travel I use them in my carry on:
-cell phone & all cords
-PDA & charger
-pens & notepad (little bag)
-snack food (little or big, depending onhow hungry I am)

They are also helpful in your fanny pack or back pack, especially when you go through security.

For the trip I use them for:
-undies
-DS's socks
-snacks
-shampoo & contact stuff because I've had them leak & it's a mess!

When packing to go home I use them for
-brochures, pictures (misc. scrapbookng junk :) )
-mickey shampoo & soap

At home I use them for a lot of stuff too! My MIL even puts gravy in them & sends it home with the kids after Sunday dinners. The baby's dinner, spoon & bib go in one. Dirty diapers (but other plastic bags are cheaper).

Everything! I have bags pre-packed with all the small sizes of shampoo, toothpaste, travel toothbrushes, band-aids, antibiotic ointment, etc. When we get ready to go, I pull them out, check expiration dates, and throw them in. I've got one with my stain stick, laundry tabs, and dryer sheets.

At home I use them to help organize the kids' toys. Barbie's shoes are less likely to get lost if they are in a bag! My sister keeps her son's Lego's in one.

I had the best luck ziplocking up our digital camera and video camera when going on the water rides. I doubled up the ziplocks, folded over the excess plastic and tossed them in my backpack and never had one problem. We didn't have anyone not riding so they had to go with me or risk being stolen. I plan on using this method on our trip in June.

I also use them to pack anything and everything that leaks or could leak. Like shampoo and such.

Pammy

Wet bathing suits, first aid kit, snacks. I also pack each of the days outfits, socks, undies, and accesories, in one. That way the kids can just grab one and get ready in the morning.

I have read that some pack kids clothes in them. Each bag has an outfit...shirt, socks, underwear, shorts...that way they simply pull out one of the bags each day and give to the kids. I imagine the gallon sacks would be large enough.

I use them for anything that would leak. Although I have a separate bag for bathroom stuff..I still put shampoo in a plastic bag and then put in there. It has saved me many a mess. Also, on the way back, I use it for Mickey shampoo. It leaks terrible.

At the park I use them for snacks, wet wipes (when there isn't a trash can), diapers (when there isn't a trash can), and like someone said to put things that you don't want to get wet in them. Works great on water rides.

Anything that can potentially spill gets a ziplock bag...Anything that can potentially be ruined by a spill gets a ziplock bag.

We also keep a few extras in our backpack for opened food and for DD's wet clothes or for an emergency diaper change;)

When we went last year, we put our kids clothes in them.... an outfit a day per bag. I have a 5 and 12 yo. For the 5 yo it was great, just toss him a bag to get dressed. The 12yo was great because her drawer did not look as a tornado went through it. It was easiest to unpack also.

My sister laughed at me, called me obcessive, until we packed to go somewhere that we took her 2 kids and left mine at home. As she was digging through the suitcase trying not to make a total mess and keep everything in, she kept saying that the baggie thing was looking better every day. Her kids at the time were 2yo and 5 mo old.

I like to make up a few ziplocks full of baby wipes. Babies are 4yrs and 8yrs now but we still do this. Great for freshening up, sticky fingers, ice cream spills on the shirt.... Ziplocks make them nice and flat, and fexible so they pack anywhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter