What DVC point options have you used?

What options for DVC points have you used?

• My home resort(s)

• NEVER my home resort(s)

• BCV, which is not my home resort

• BWV, which is not my home resort

• HHI, which is not my home resort

• OKW, which is not my home resort

• SSR, which is not my home resort

• VB, which is not my home resort

• VWL, which is not my home resort

• Disney Cruise Line - on points or partially on points

• other Disney hotels

• traded out to non-Disney options

Results are only viewable after voting.

JimMIA

There's more to life than mice...
What have you used your points for?

PLEASE CHECK ALL THAT APPLY - multiple choices are allowed.

Just bumping.

Feel free to add any comments, observations, questions, etc.

I'm betting there is a low utilization of non-Disney options. What I am wondering is how much lower are we than a typical timeshare or timeshares more on par with DVC such as Marriott.

As of this writing 25 voters have responded in this poll. Looking at the first two, mutually exclusive, options "my home resort" / "never my home resort" -- the responses are 24:1 favoring use of the home resort.

I'll confess: I'm the one odd vote.

I guess I never bonded with my home resort. (Using the term offered by spiceycat in my poll regarding first use of points.)

I'm sure I've got reasons for this situation ... I'll post them later. LOL!

:rotfl:
As of this June, I will have stayed at every DVC (except BCV - which has no appeal for me).

Over the past 14 years we've stayed at each of the resorts, several times.

I also checked SSR because even though we own there now as one of our home resorts, the first time we stayed there we did not own there yet.

Never for the cruise yet, but have used points for Paris, and the GC at DL.

before I bought I stayed at OKW and BWV and Beach club , not BCV though! Since I bought I've only stayed at BWV. I do have ressies for a week at BWV this summer with 2 rooms for 4 days at VERO .

So far thats how I've used my points :thumbsup2

We own at SSR & OKW but we stay 90% of the time at BWV with BWview. We love that view, at night you can't beat it.

we have only been dvc members for a couple of years and will eventually stay at the resorts with themes we like...we love the space at okw and the theme is the best when we are trying to escape the frozen northeast every february; we stayed at hhi last nov and fell in love with the low country theme and wonderful porch.

we will stay at ssr when we get around to doing a new year's trip and we will do a stay at vwl because we love the theme there - it is as woodsy as our vacation house in maine.

we are not likely to ever stay at bwv or bcv because we live at the beach and grew up going to the boardwalks at the jersey shore - they are not unique to us and we don't have kids who would enjoy sab. vero might be a possibility 'cause it is near some old stomping grounds we used to travel when we visited my mom when she lived in florida.

i hope to get dh to travel to california again some day, so a stay at one of the disneyland resorts is not out of the picture. and trading out to other tourist vacation spots is likely, too - we have lots of plans to travel once i retire in a few years.

I'm betting there is a low utilization of non-Disney options. What I am wondering is how much lower are we than a typical timeshare or timeshares more on par with DVC such as Marriott.

According to my guide there is a very large use of trading out. The Grand Floridian is heavily booked using points. Many Disney employees own points and they almost never use them for DVC stays.

I think the DIS is not completely representative of the usage of points. Many consider the initial payment regained after a few years and after that, so trading out to them becomes very lucrative. And many simply do it for convenience.

WLV (which is my home resort!!!)
OKW
BWV
SSR
HHI
Shelburne Murray Hill in NYC in the concierge collection

After our trip this August, we will have stayed at every DVC resort, except VB.
I have also used points for DCL, and non-DVC Disney resorst.

I wonder if the results are what everyone expected? I really had no expectations, just thought it would be an interesting poll.

The first two options, incidentally, are mutually exclusive -- you've either stayed at your home resort, or you haven't. We are running about 8% of the respondents who have neither stayed at their home nor NOT stayed at their home...which is, of course, impossible. I'm assuming those folks HAVE stayed at their home resort and just didn't understand the way I worded the poll.

Interesting that most of us still perfer our home resort, and those who stay elsewhere mostly choose my home resort too, with BWV a close second. I think it IS interesting so far, Jim.

I answered 'home resort'. Of course, having 8 home resorts makes this an easy poll to answer.

I have stayed at DLP and GC at DLR, but it was someone else's points, so I didn't check that box.

Yea this one is tough to interpret. The smaller resorts seem more likely to have fewer visits if indeed they are harder to get into than the larger resorts. For example my DIS just went to SSR kind of last minute but was on a waitlist for the 3 smaller resorts that never came through, and the same thing happened to her 2 years ago for Spring Break at OKW. Her votes on this poll would include SSR and OKW but were not by choice. They were great stays-just not exactly what she wanted. Also age of resorts has to be huge-not many of us have had time to select SSR yet even though its been around a while, where OKW and BWV have had many more years of opportunity to select. Interesting poll though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter