What DVC point options have you used?

What options for DVC points have you used?

• My home resort(s)

• NEVER my home resort(s)

• BCV, which is not my home resort

• BWV, which is not my home resort

• HHI, which is not my home resort

• OKW, which is not my home resort

• SSR, which is not my home resort

• VB, which is not my home resort

• VWL, which is not my home resort

• Disney Cruise Line - on points or partially on points

• other Disney hotels

• traded out to non-Disney options

Results are only viewable after voting.
I suppose that I'm surprised that about 16% of Disboard DVCers have used points for some of or all of a cruise. We did, twice, and if we could go on another members cruise, we probably will do so again.

And I guess,I'm surprised, considering the off site resorts, that only about 7%have never stayed at their home resort. I wonder which of the homes go most unvisited.

Bobbi

I'm not suprised most people stay at thier home resort, it's just easier to book 11 months out and not have to worry about getting in. I bet if we could poll nondis board members the number would be even higher.

I have used my points for 2 trips to my home resort (SSR)
1 trip to BWV
and 1 time for a stay in the tower at the Contemporary.

Interesting poll - for us Home Resort represents most stays not because we don't have interest in staying at the others (only missing SSR at this time) but that the times we go often demand that 11 month window and we can't switch out after the 7 month window.

Haven't had the opportunity for a cruise yet, but would like to - ah someday....

While I have stayed at a few other resorts before, I typically stay at my home resort, the Boardwalk. The reason is because, with my job, I really need to plan my vacations close to a year out. I really rely on that 11 month window of my "home" resort -- and it doesn't hurt to love your home resort besides! :)

The times that I have stayed at other resorts was when I could manage a quick getaway and found openings at other places so that I could try them out. When I do stay somewhere other than my home resort, I almost always try to stay at member villas (or go on a Disney cruise) because it "cost" too much to trade in points for the hotels, especially the high-end hotels.

I was only able to vote for the two new trips that we have upcoming. Since we are new DVC members, we haven't had much opportunity to do the others yet, although I would like to stay at all the DVC's once, and eventually we will use it to trade out too.

We've stayed at all the resorts except for VWL at WDW. Everytime we try and stay at VWL something happens and we have to postpone the trip. We do want to try HH and VB sometime soon.

We have used our DVC points for a time share in Devon in the UK, Disneyland Paris resort hotel New York and are using them for the cruise this year as well as stays at BCV and our home resort of SSR. We have also taken two other families with us as treats.

Hope to use them for Adventures by Disney too one day.

Susan

VWL - home resort; numerous times
BWV - once
OKW - twice
Poly - once (last minute)
Alaska cruise - twice (absolutely loved it; going again next year :thumbsup2 )

Really?? Can you mention a few high points? We've been on an Alaskan cruise 11 years ago, and we're both ready to go again.

Bobbi

Well, we love Holland America. The ships aren't too big so you get to know the waiters, bartenders, etc. It's just nice when they remember your name and your favorite drinks. ;) As you know, the scenery is spectacular. We upgraded to a verandah (the first time was on Holland America's dime, the second was on us), so having my coffee in the morning while watching glaciers, bald eagles, seals, whales, etc... can't be beat! Both times we went in August when the salmon were running. This brings in all the wildlife in the foodchain. When we were at Mendenhall Glacier, we saw a bear in a stream pulling out salmon, tearing them apart to eat (yup, we could hear the crunching :scared1: ), and then tossing them aside. We saw Orcas and humpbacks, sea lions, dall porpoises, and seals.

I know I sound like a spokesperson for Alaska, but it is absolutely the best place I have ever visited (next to WDW of course ;) ). I apologize for being so long-winded. And sorry OP for hijacking your thread.

Donna

Thanks Donna, and so, I think that the "out of Disney" option will get some play by us in the future. We've taken 2 DC's on points, and cruises interest us.
Bobbi:goodvibes

The only time when we didn't stay at our home resort which is SSR was in 1/05. We stayed at OKW because we were using developers points and could not use them at SSR. We really did love OKW but are happier at Saratoga Springs. We will most likely try to stay at AKL at least once. After all, we might be needing more pts.! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter