What ever happened to??????

yensid1901

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.
Does anyone have any information on what happened to the Latin Band Junkaroo? (Not sure of spelling) :confused3 They played at EPCOT for a number of years and always seemed to have a good following. Then suddenly they disappeared.

The band would always drive to the area that they were playing in on the
double decker bus. (Same one that is used to bring Mickey Mouse and his friends out to meet the guests).

Wife and I were also wondering if they were a real band that came to EPCOT
or if the band was just made up of Cast Members that played in the band. Sure do miss their music and watching the guests dancing :cool1: with the band members.

It was a Junkanoo Bus. I stopped noticing it when the double decker bus seemed to be filled only with characters now.

I also noticed Yoko hanging around with the performers the last few times.

Junkanoo seems like a very generic term. Some caribbean places will have a Junkanoo sauce, for example. I would guess they were not a band but a style.

Duckfan-in-Chicago said:
It was a Junkanoo Bus.

Junkanoo seems like a very generic term. Some caribbean places will have a Junkanoo sauce, for example. I would guess they were not a band but a style.
Yah, mon! Junkanoo is da island music...usually Bahamas or Jamaica...no Latin, mon.

The Latin street band would be Mariachi, although the style is VERY different.

The music that this band played was definitely Latin. They were in EPCOT during the late - mid 90's when there was a lot of guests from South America.

So, this band played a lot of Latin music,,,,played sambas, cha-cha, mambo, and even a rhumba and bolero from time to time.

Thanks for your reply and eventually will figure out what happened to the band.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter