What Flight Would You Do?

Delta changed our flight numbers (no times as of yet) and for whatever reason we can now change to any flight we want without a charge, so.....

Coming from the east coast (flight from FL, live in VA) and having not been to the west coast in 30 some years what would you do (please don't offer flying into SNA as an option, we are on Delta and prefer a direct flight to LAX):

1. 7:00a-ish flight from MCO to LAX. We would likely stay at the Hyatt in MCO the night before.
  2. 7:00p-ish flight the night before from MCO to LAX. We would try to add a night on the front end of our Villas of Disneyland Hotel reservation, but if not we would stay at the Hyatt or Courtyard next to LAX and then schedule a car to pick us up the next morning.
The way I see it, the early morning flight has the advantage of less likely to be delayed (at least that is my experience with early vs late flights), but the evening flight allows us to sort of get a normal west coast night in our systems before heading to DL for the first time (ever).
If you did the 7am flight would you go to the parks that day? Or would you wait until the next morning?

We would do the parks.
In that case I might do the night flight, unless you think you'd feel well rested enough to enjoy the parks after getting up so early the night before. One time we had an early morning flight so we had to get up at around 3:30 am. We still had fun, of course, but everyone was pretty exhausted by 3:00pm! If you fly in the night before you'll be fresh and well rested and ready to go :)

In that case I might do the night flight, unless you think you'd feel well rested enough to enjoy the parks after getting up so early the night before. One time we had an early morning flight so we had to get up at around 3:30 am. We still had fun, of course, but everyone was pretty exhausted by 3:00pm! If you fly in the night before you'll be fresh and well rested and ready to go :)
Ya, after talking today we are going to switch to the 4:30p-ish flight and get in at a decent hour and stay at Disneyland Hotel the first night (on DVC points). Just hoping to get switched to the same room type. We have until late June to get it switched.

Just curious whether you can also change airports for free. I know you said you weren't interested in SNA because you want direct flights, but maybe consider Ontario? I know you said you're leaving from Florida, but I'm flying into ONT in August on a nonstop flight from Atlanta. It was much cheaper than flying into LAX and I don't have to deal with LA traffic.

Just curious whether you can also change airports for free. I know you said you weren't interested in SNA because you want direct flights, but maybe consider Ontario? I know you said you're leaving from Florida, but I'm flying into ONT in August on a nonstop flight from Atlanta. It was much cheaper than flying into LAX and I don't have to deal with LA traffic.
It was an option to switch cities, but the only direct flight from MCO on Delta is into LAX. We made the change this afternoon. I'm sure the times or flight numbers will change again in the next 100+ days.

It was an option to switch cities, but the only direct flight from MCO on Delta is into LAX. We made the change this afternoon. I'm sure the times or flight numbers will change again in the next 100+ days.
Gotcha! I wonder if my flight numbers will change? Would love to leave earlier in the day, as I currently have an 8:48pm flight. I'm using skymiles and the late flight was the fewest miles.

Gotcha! I wonder if my flight numbers will change? Would love to leave earlier in the day, as I currently have an 8:48pm flight. I'm using skymiles and the late flight was the fewest miles.
They changed a lot of them. I was tracking a flight from ORF -> ATL -> PBI in late July / early August and they changed numbers too. Have you logged into Delta recently to check?

They changed a lot of them. I was tracking a flight from ORF -> ATL -> PBI in late July / early August and they changed numbers too. Have you logged into Delta recently to check?
No, not recently. Will keep an eye on it though

I prefer flying in the night before and waking up at the parks. I've done the early morning flight from Michigan to Orlando for a park day, and I was miserable by the end of the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter