What gave you hope today for a better tomorrow?

I just came across a special series on NPR called My Unsung Hero. It's a whole bunch of short stories of ordinary people helping others. Some are old, some newer. But all should provide hope of the good in the world.

My hope in the future gets a good workout whenever I spend time with the young people in my life. Last night we went to our diverse public school and watched a parade of outstanding young folks being honored. All the colors of the rainbow, straight, gay, non binary, strong leaders and talented givers. It was uplifting. A little grandma brag if I may..Our grandson is a triple cord, Honor Society, full ride to U of M 2023 graduate. We are very happy for him and look forward to watching him live his dreams.

My hope in the future gets a good workout whenever I spend time with the young people in my life. Last night we went to our diverse public school and watched a parade of outstanding young folks being honored. All the colors of the rainbow, straight, gay, non binary, strong leaders and talented givers. It was uplifting. A little grandma brag if I may..Our grandson is a triple cord, Honor Society, full ride to U of M 2023 graduate. We are very happy for him and look forward to watching him live his dreams.
I couldn't love this more. Congrats to your grandson and thank you for being so open-minded. Acceptance and tolerance are our only hope for a bright future.

When I hear the morning bird chorus just after daybreak on our morning walk. This time of year in the south you hear the Chuck-Wills-Widow.

Pfizer Pharmaceuticals for developing the vaccines and, importantly, Paxlovid.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to my next dose, hoping I'll feel better tomorrow.
If you told me a company would basically save the world in the midst of a global pandemic and its share price was 3% higher three years later, I would call you a liar and a cheat. But that's Pfizer. Pfizer (and BioNTech) didn't price gouge the American people and those around the world like Mylan did with the EpiPen. When Corporate America can find its humanity, and put people before profits, there is hope.

And I hope you feel a lot better tomorrow.

I couldn't love this more. Congrats to your grandson and thank you for being so open-minded. Acceptance and tolerance are our only hope for a bright future.
I celebrate any growth that allows people to be fully who they are. We have come a long way since I was young and even though the work isn't done, it is good to see the progress. Hate will lose in the end.

It was my Godson again. I could hear him from my bedroom leaving his room to go downstairs this morning, singing.

"Doo-doo-doodooo, I'm going down the steps! Doo-doo-doodoo, I'm gonna get pancakes! Doo-doo-doodoo, I'm happy!" So innocent of the world and its problems. I want to strive to know the world and its problems, to do what I can to change my corner of it, and to recapture that childlike joy.

Ah this thread is refreshing! Thank you for this @Jack Kerouac !!
Just being alive...waking up every morning I'm alive!! Being able to enjoy life with family and friends, it's a blessing because not everyone has that. That alone, always gives me hope for a better tomorrow.

If you told me a company would basically save the world in the midst of a global pandemic and its share price was 3% higher three years later, I would call you a liar and a cheat. But that's Pfizer. Pfizer (and BioNTech) didn't price gouge the American people and those around the world like Mylan did with the EpiPen. When Corporate America can find its humanity, and put people before profits, there is hope.

And I hope you feel a lot better tomorrow.
Indeed, Jack K! Never did I think a vaccine, much less anti-viral drugs effective against this nasty virus, could be developed that quickly.

I'm kinda chuffed that Pfizer has a facility only about 20 miles from where we live here in "Da Lou." During the worst of the pandemic, we'd get updates from a spokesperson on local news every so often regarding their progress on the vaccine and Paxlovid.

Temp was normal upon waking, but that didn't last after I did a few things veeerrry slowly. Oh, well. I feel vastly more normal than I did yesterday. That's something.

I really urge people who've abandoned mask wearing to reconsider. We'd been wearing masks everywhere outside our home but decided to take our chances without, going to WDW. Big mistake.

This stuff is no joke. Even though vaccinated and boostered, I've been too sick to move much for five days now without spiking a fever again.

Indeed, Jack K! Never did I think a vaccine, much less anti-viral drugs effective against this nasty virus, could be developed that quickly.

I'm kinda chuffed that Pfizer has a facility only about 20 miles from where we live here in "Da Lou." During the worst of the pandemic, we'd get updates from a spokesperson on local news every so often regarding their progress on the vaccine and Paxlovid.

Temp was normal upon waking, but that didn't last after I did a few things veeerrry slowly. Oh, well. I feel vastly more normal than I did yesterday. That's something.

I really urge people who've abandoned mask wearing to reconsider. We'd been wearing masks everywhere outside our home but decided to take our chances without, going to WDW. Big mistake.

This stuff is no joke. Even though vaccinated and boostered, I've been too sick to move much for five days now without spiking a fever again.
Glad you're feeling more normal today. Hope tomorrow is even better!

My parents, my brother and SIL, and their two children went to WDW in late April. My mom, brother, SIL, and one of their children all got COVID. So yeah, we'll be masking up in August when we go.

I shared in the angry post about the increase in angry clients last August. Perhaps I should have shared that I have not had that difficult of a clients this year so far. I find that people were stressed coming out of Covid and in the last year have started to learn how to be with people again and how to be kind.

My son Davis. We are 55 days away from our WDW vacation and he has been saving his money for the trip. Yesterday, he mentioned he wants to give the $5 he received from my friend for helping with his kids to children in the hospital rather than spend it at WDW. Davis received care from Lurie's Children's Hospital when he was very young, so he wants his donation to go to Lurie's. My wife and I are planning on matching it and more. He has such a kind heart and I'm so proud of him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter