What happens right after bootcamp?

jiggerj

<font color=blue>There are important things to dis
My dd's bf as some of you might know is in Parris Island till the end of Oct. Then he is supposed to go to Texas for school for 16 weeks. My question is what happens after that? Is he given a choice of where he is sent? Do they just tell him where he is going after his schooling during his schooling or could he be sent directly to Iraq? I dont understand the process and any info would enlighten me. Thank you! :)

My DS went to Texas for his school (AIT) and then from there they are given their post. You are given several choices, but they will send you were you are needed. The last place my DS expected to be sent was to Germany which is were he was sent. From there you go with your unit. If they are in Iraq, you go to Iraq, are they are not, you don't go either. The trip was in this order.
1) Basic Training
2)AIT
3) home for 2 weeks (not sure if everyone does this)
4) Germany
5) Germany for 6 weeks then Iraq

They are set to come back to Germany next spring and he looks to get sent back to Iraq right after that.

This can always change, and if he goes on to another school like Paratrooper School he would do this before he went on. Good luck!

Oh my! Thank you very much for your response. I really had no idea what to expect. Hope all is well with your ds. :)

Home is where Uncle Sam sends you. :teeth:

My dh has been to boot camp twice... once in the Navy and then he got out and joined the Army and did boot camp again. I believe he was asked to fill out a wish slip in AIT of where he'd "Like" to go but in both cases we went where they needed us. It really depends on the MOS.

Best wishes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter