What has been the biggest ego boost you have received?

I got told I looked like Scarlett Johansson by a random person in Starbucks....after that I felt pretty good about myself that day.

A friend who has known me longer than I'd care to admit said I'm "remarkably sane, considering". From him, and under the circumstances, that was very high praise.

And occasionally, someone mistakes me for my daughter's sister or my son's girlfriend (creepy but kind of flattering) which makes me feel just a little less almost-40. ;)

1)In rehearsals for a show a few years ago and one of the actors who I really admire told me I had a beautiful voice. :teeth:
2)In rehearsals for a show this week and I have been working really hard at losing weight. I have felt pretty bummed lately. Well a dad who I have worked with saw me and did a double take. Made me realize I might actually look like I have lost weight. Tried on a bunch of clothes and they fit now! :cool1:

1)In rehearsals for a show a few years ago and one of the actors who I really admire told me I had a beautiful voice. :teeth:
2)In rehearsals for a show this week and I have been working really hard at losing weight. I have felt pretty bummed lately. Well a dad who I have worked with saw me and did a double take. Made me realize I might actually look like I have lost weight. Tried on a bunch of clothes and they fit now! :cool1:

Yup voice for me as well. I always seem to get complimented on it, have been told more times than I can remember that I should be a phone sex operator, lol.

I am a middle school English teacher in grades 6-8. Last week one of my former students, now a 9th grader, came to visit me. She gave me a huge hug and told me I really prepared her for high school! She has a 104 in English!!! She made it all worth it!

I'm adopted and I just recently (through DNA) found my paternal family. Some family members had a hard time believing that I was for real and needed time to process. After a few months I finally met my paternal Grandmother. When I left she leaned over to my half sister and said I was lovely and she wished they would've found out about me sooner! It's making me feel better about this life adjustment and it will be worth it in the end.

A guy telling me I'm the "whole package".
This was many moons ago, but at a bar being told I look like Jennifer Aniston. She's my fave actress so I was very flattered. Nowadays I don't look like her much lol

Being told that at numerous IEP meetings I'm requested to work with the most difficult students, that teachers praise my work in their classes, and that I'm the go-to person if there's a problem with a student. I just feel like I'm doing my job like I'm supposed to? But it feels great to be noticed :)

Anyway, my mother has always made me feel very ugly - "your face is too narrow and you should wear a more flattering hair style, just look at your sister's pretty oval face" everyone else has blue eyes and I have green....some of my sisters are blonde and I am brunette....I am the tallest at 5'7" so I tower over my 5'2" cute, petite, tiny sister....just so many things!

My mother never made me feel ugly, but I personally felt like the adopted or stepchild in my family. My three sisters were all blue-eyed blondes; I was born with brown eyes and reddish-brown hair. My tallest sister is 5'2" if she stands on tiptoe, I'm 5'6". If I didn't look so much like my dad, I'd be a little concerned LOL!

To answer the original question, my biggest ego booster was a performance report sent to my "big boss" that began with the sentence "She walks on water."

Queen Colleen

A few years before she died, by MIL sent me a letter telling me that I was a wonderful wife to her son and a wonderful mother to her grandchildren.

We had a very contentious relationship for many, many years....so, to finally hear that from her was pretty amazing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter