What have you riden while holding a 3 mo old?

Leader of the Club

My Disney Princess only wears BLACK!
We are planning a 20 day trip in December/January. We were NOT planning on having a baby to take along with us, but we will and I figure he/she will be around 3 months old then.

What have you riden with a baby? I am not thinking test track, but more along the lines of It's a Small World.:space:

2 mos old sean rode :

MK: PP, POC, HM, COP, MPhilhar, SW

Epcot: SE, figment, the land

AK: LK, TR

MGM: SD

TL: his stroller

we still had to hold him on the rides. (He was 14 months at the time) Anyway, he happily rode:

Everything in Fantasyland, teacups, TTA, Buzz, Haunted Mansion, Aladdin and the monorail to Epcot.

In Epcot he rode Maelstrom, El Rio..., Living with the Land and Spaceship Earth.

At AK he loved the safari and Triceratops spin. We strolled him thru the trails and carried him into FOTLK.

We only had time for Playhouse Disney and the Indy show at MGM, but he liked them.

My best advice is to bring (borrow if you don't have one) a sling or a Baby Bjorn carrier. We put our young toddler into a sling everytime we needed to leave our stroller behind. It was great. He was comfy and secure and we didn't worry as much about him falling out of rides like Dumbo. He even slept in it a few times.

The moral of the story is this: take the little one and have a great time!

I've been with an 8 month old and a 10 month old (much bigger than three, I know...but....) The bambino will be able to ride many many things in your arms without a problem. (Almost anything without a height restricition, plus all the shows).

Enjoy!

I would assume that a baby sling (carrier that ties around you) would be good and you could hold onto the bar with your hands....

I'm sorry if that didn't make any sense....I don't have kids...Can you tell???;)

Good question! We will be doing this in late August and will let you know.

We found the Baby Bjorn to be a great way to take DGrD on/off the rides/shows. At 5 1/2 mos. she went on:
MK - Buzz, CoP, PhMagic, Peter pan, Small World, HM, POC, JungCr
AK- KSafari, ITTBAB, FestLK,Pangani Trail and Maharajah Trek
Epcot - SE, Norway, Amer Adv, JIIw/Fig, HISTA

By MGM day we realized that she was sometimes a little 'overstimulated' and cranky at night, so we cut back a bit and I spent more time just walking her around and enjoying the sites and visiting the characters while the other kids rode (no problem for a 1st time grandmom!)- that solved our problem completely!
MGM - VOTLM, Mupp3D (and an awesome pic with Sorcerer Mickey on Mickey Ave)!!:smooth:

Have a great time and don't forget your mosquito/bug netting for the stroller (and tie a few fabric softener dryer sheets to the stroller for a little extra protection)!

Thanks Grandma! Hubby and I purchased a Baby Bjorn in anticipation of this trip. Looking forward to it! Thanks for the bug repellant tips as well- I will write them in my book to make a note of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter