what hospital is close by to go in case of emergency

linnettevl

Mouseketeer
I have finally decided to go ahead with my trip to Disney, but I have a concern : I have pseudotumor celebri and because of this I have several surgeries for shunt placement from LP Shunts to the last one VP shunt, the surgery was almost a year ago, I just got news from my Dr. that the new shunt is blocked. this means that I have to go thru spinal taps every few weeks. My trip will be for 17 days I am worry that if I get a headache and will need a spinal tap do not know where to go. What hospital is close by?also I was told to stay mostly in bed, I do want to do this trip , my kids have to deal with me going into a hospital every couple of weeks, I spent the month of december in a hospital it was hard on them. My husband will be going with us , that will allow me to stay in the room to rest. Everbody is telling me to cancel the trip but I want my kids to have fun and live a little normal for a while. I do know my limitations and will try to listen to my body, still I am worry about not knowing where to go in case of an emergency.

Celebration Hospital is part of the Florida Hospital System. It is the closest hospital to WDW. Another nearly hospital is Sand Lake which is part of Orlando Regional Healthcare System.

There is also a very close location called Centra Care, which is a walk-in clinic (and part of Florida Hospital System) and adjoins the Downtown Disney area.

I've had first hand experience with the ER at Celebration. It's a top notch operation. I was really impressed with how they treated my son. The amazing part was when we got the bill, it was about a third of what I would have paid for an ER visit here in the metro DC area!

Go and enjoy your trip, and if it helps ease your mind, call the hospital ahead of time and ask the neccessary questions. The main number is 407-303-4000.

Suzanne

Feom what i've read celebration sounds like a good Hospital. I would contact the doctor that has ordered the spinal tap weekly. I think it would be a good idea for your doctor to contact your hospital of choice so he can fill them in on your needs. Your doctor could probably fax an order to the hospital telling them what needs done and why. This might save you a lot of wait time while they verify your condition. Susan

Thank you! Thank you! Thank You all for your wonderful ideas I did called the doctor and he agreed to called the hospital and get in contact with their neurosurgeon and send all my information I am feeling so much better already I was ready to cancel this trip but now .....Disney here we come>>>>>>>>>>:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter