what hotel & why?

jonkatony

DIS Veteran
Looking to stay at DLP at Easter, Where shall we stay and why? We have just came back from the AKL in Florida it was great. We have previously stayed at the Newport Bay twice and the Santa Fe which we enjoyed but would like to try something new. ::MickeyMo

Hi Jonkatony!

Have you checked out our hotels FAQ thread at the top of the page? I'm not sure what will measure up to AKL though, having just got back from there myself :teeth:

What sort of budget do you have? Are we talking possible Disneyland Hotel or one of the more reasonable options?

Hi Miffy2003,
Would like to stay at the Disneyland Hotel, is it worth the extra money?

We were at the AKL 11/8/05 to 25/8/05, were you there then? We adored the place, were you on a savanah? did you eat at the Boma? We felt the extra money spent at AKL to be well worth it , would we feel the same about a stay at the Disneyland Hotel?
Sorry for so many questions

jonkatony said:
We were at the AKL 11/8/05 to 25/8/05, were you there then? We adored the place, were you on a savanah? did you eat at the Boma? We felt the extra money spent at AKL to be well worth it , would we feel the same about a stay at the Disneyland Hotel?
Sorry for so many questions
Hmmmm, it's very difficult to try and compare the AKL to the DLH. In my opinion, one gets better value-for-money in WDW resorts, but being the flagship hotel with an unbeatable location makes it quite easy for some to justify the extra expense of the DLH in Paris. If extremely easy access to the parks would be very useful, then the DLH may fit the bill. With three young children we found it great to be able to pop back for a break so easily, as the hotel is literally a part of Magic Kingdom. If you don't mind a bit of a (very nice) walk, then Hotel New York or Newport Bay Club may be better. They both have nice theming and great pools. Take a look at them all and see which one suits your family's needs the best :)

:wizard:

Hi Francis,
The Poly looks great by the way (we are staying at pofq this summer) we are just looking to go away for a short stay for my DD 13th birthday this April,

Hi Jonkatony!

I've never been lucky enough to stay at the DLH so I can't help with a comparison there I'm afraid. Do a search for threads on the DLH though, there have been lots of opinions on it over time :)

We were at the AKL on Fri & Sat 25th & 26th August (almost the same time as you!). We got it for a bargain room rate of $124 so it was substantially cheaper for me than the DLH would be, LOL. We loved it! And we were fortunate enough to be upgraded to a savannah view :)

We had a fantastic meal at Boma and great food at Jiko (the service was not great there though). We all loved it here!

Cheers

Karen

Miffy2003,
Thanks for your help with DRP.
AKL:we loved the Boma, stayed on Uzima savannah.
Regards
Tony

We loved the Disneyland Hotel but did not like the Davey Crockets Cabins as we like to drink and needed a car.

We are trying Hotel New York in four weeks and can't wait. Let us know what you decide.

Susan

Susan,
The New york looks great, and would love to stay there, stayed at the Newport Bay twice loved it, we just feel that the Disneyland hotel would be great for my DD birthday.

Will the ice rink be open when you go?
regards
Tony

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter