What I Learned With My ADRs This Morning

I appreciate all the tips on this thread! My daughter and I plan to be in Magic Kingdom on her 21st birthday later this year, and she really wants to have dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table for her birthday. I've never tried to make a reservation there before and understand it's hard to get, so I hope I can make it happen for this special occasion. If anyone has any tips specific to CRT, I'd love to hear them!
I recommend if you're staying onsite booking it at 60+4 or so days out. I also recommend making it the first one you're trying to get. I had lots of availability when I booked for my April trip. Mine was 60+6.

I recommend if you're staying onsite booking it at 60+4 or so days out. I also recommend making it the first one you're trying to get. I had lots of availability when I booked for my April trip. Mine was 60+6.
This gives me hope, thanks! I will be booking at 60+5, but it's during a busy time.

This gives me hope, thanks! I will be booking at 60+5, but it's during a busy time.

You probably already caught this on previous posts...but worth repeating since hard-to-get CRT reservation is a priority for you... some mornings ADRs open before 6a.m. WDW time. I set up my computer and started refreshing at 5:30 a.m. just in case.

Good luck!

I appreciate all the tips on this thread! My daughter and I plan to be in Magic Kingdom on her 21st birthday later this year, and she really wants to have dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table for her birthday. I've never tried to make a reservation there before and understand it's hard to get, so I hope I can make it happen for this special occasion. If anyone has any tips specific to CRT, I'd love to hear them!
You probably already know this too, but just in case, because Cinderella’s Royal Table is a pre-pay it won’t ever show up on the app. You have to book it on the website either through a computer or the internet browser on your phone.

You probably already know this too, but just in case, because Cinderella’s Royal Table is a pre-pay it won’t ever show up on the app. You have to book it on the website either through a computer or the internet browser on your phone.
Wow! I have never heard that. Guess I'm glad I used my laptop when I booked mine. Thank you for sharing. BTW I was booking for a party of 1 as my DH will be in meetings that day and had no issues finding an ADR for 1...I've heard of others who have had difficulty with that but I had no problem.

I didn't know, thank you!

ETA - since it seems it may or not be on the app, I'll just plan to use the website. That will help me with keeping multiple tabs open as suggested, anyway.

...followed the person's suggestion of opening restaurant tabs the night before. Brilliant idea!
...gotten myself out of bed and sat at the computer with my phone AND computer ready. The app failed me big time this trip.
...practiced with ALL of our dining reservations instead of just a couple. It's a great way to see what is in demand and what isn't.

This was pretty much my strategy. We're going in April but not staying on property. (We're staying 8 nights at Homewood Suites for free. Hilton Honors FTW!) That means I was already up to 9 days behind those on property in getting the hard reservations. Here's how that went:
  • I got up at 4:40am Central five times in a six-day period to try to get reservations. I would have the reservation page up for each restaurant or experience I was booking that day (60 days out) in its own tab and ready to update.
  • I found that the new date showed up at 5:45 Eastern, but you couldn't actually search that date until 6:00.
  • I would start clicking the search button several minutes before 6:00 and continue refreshing on the most urgent/desired tab until I got a result.
  • Space 220 Lounge, Oga's Cantina, Sci-Fi Dine-In and Beaches & Cream were booked the second reservations opened for me.
  • I even struggled to get times I wanted for 50s Prime Time.
  • I was, however, able to get Savi's, Droid Depot, Skipper Canteen, and Sanaa at the times we wanted.
  • I put two of my searches into the Touring Plans alerts and then signed up for Mouse Dining's alert plan. That allowed me to set up nearly 20 custom searches for the various restaurants on a number of different days and different times of day. I was skeptical, but it works. Really well. The key is you have to act immediately when you get the text notification.
  • The few times the Touring Plans notifications overlapped with Mouse Dining, I would get them at roughly the same time.
  • Using Mouse Dining, I got Oga's, Sci-Fi, 50s Prime Time, and Beaches & Cream. I actually had multiples of all the Hollywood options until I was able to get rid of some overlapping reservations and get times we wanted.
  • I was interested to see that Saturday, April 9 had many more available reservations at Oga's, Sci-Fi and 50s than either Tuesday April 5 or Wednesday April 6, despite predicted crowd levels being much higher. (A level 5 vs 1 & 2, respectively.) I assume this is either due to Starcruiser guests taking up many of the Oga's reservations during the week or Saturday being a more locals-heavy crowd.
  • Still hoping to see Space 220 Lounge come through. We'll see...

Last edited:
You can book Cinderella's Royal Table on the app.
Is this a recent change? In all our trips, I’ve always read that it will only show availability on the website and I’ve never seen it on the app, but I will admit I haven’t looked to book it our last few trips.

I apologize if I gave outdated info!

I got ours at 60+3 no problem. It’s Easter Sunday though so I don’t know if less people planned on being in the park then

This thread was so helpful. I zoomed through my 60 to 60+2 reservations and got everything except Artist Point. Still holding out hope. We got Sanaa, Beaches and Cream, Sci Fi, Prime Time, and Oga.
That’s a lot of reservations! You’re only staying 2 nights?

Oh ok. I was confused with the 60+2 part.
Was just trying to say that I was still able to get some times on those days which seem to be harder than the further out dates? This is our first time going with the new dining windows so it is such a learning curve.

You should get something. I was going for breakfast on day 4 and got exactly what I wanted. I went for Space first, then Ogas (we are a party of 6), next Rose and Crown fireworks dinner, then CRT. The open windows tabs help a lot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter