What I wish I would have known BEFORE getting to WDW!

Bottled water. Now I bring 2-3 gallons for our hotel stay, much cheaper than buying at Disney stores.

We took a pack of disposible foam earplugs. In the past, sometimes the attractions, parades or fireworks are loud and our little ones would cover their ears. This time, we took a pack of little earplugs to soften the noise so they could enjoy themselves more. :)

OMG I just read all the threads! Great ideas and stuff. I have taken notes. KID ID are great...I never thought about that!

I was looking for this exact type of info ladies! Thanks so much. I think you'll be saving my feet a world or hurt with that blister prevention stuff.

It's this little insider bits of info that make me feel more prepared.
Thanks again

My mom just reminded me that she bought me this when we found out we were going to Dis this year. I haven't used it yet so I don't know if it will be useful. I hope I don't have to use it either. Just thought I'd share.

Giggle Bug Toddler Tracker

Don't take an early morning flight unless you have to. We are in NC and have lots of options but chose the earliest flight available, which was stupid because we were soooo tired by 5:00 p.m. and I really think it effected us the next day too.

My mom just reminded me that she bought me this when we found out we were going to Dis this year. I haven't used it yet so I don't know if it will be useful. I hope I don't have to use it either. Just thought I'd share.

Giggle Bug Toddler Tracker

thank you so much for this!!! ive never seen these! we were in DW in 2006 and lost my them 6yo DD. it was the worst 30 minutes of my life. luckily a wonderful CM brought her back to me safe and sound.
it happens so easily, we were coming out of philharmagica and she simply followed the wrong poncho clad family. we now wear only hot pink ponchos, even my husband. but to have this would make me feel even better. thanks!!

not sure if anyone mentioned this but the water fans. You can get those at Walmart alot cheaper.

Bring a pin!!!!!
This may sound very strange, but it's the one thing I desperately wished I had last summer when we went. I got a huge blister that needed to be popped (extremely painful to touch). The only thing we could find to pop it with was a staple out of some papers that we had. It worked, but only after a few painful tries. All I could think about was how a simple thing like a pin would have worked so much better. It's always the little things! :rolleyes:

You should never do this! Don't ever pop a blister. You run a very increased risk of infection. Just keep it clean and if you're wearing shoes, covered up.
Just for future reference! :thumbsup2

You should never do this! Don't ever pop a blister. You run a very increased risk of infection. Just keep it clean and if you're wearing shoes, covered up.
Just for future reference! :thumbsup2

Absolutely! Whenever you feel a "hot spot" forming on your foot put on a piece of mole skin, or one of those Dr. Scholl's corn pads with the hole in the middle. Let the blister pop or dry out by itself but having mole skin or a corn pad will relieve the pain you get from the shoe rubbing against it. And once it pops don't peel the skin.

Any tips on what to bring to keep the kids occupied during meals and waiting in lines?

Thanks!

Any tips on what to bring to keep the kids occupied during meals and waiting in lines?

Thanks!

In order to have less things to bring to the parks, introduce them to lots of games you can play with each other like 20 questions and eyespy, or even make up ones like who can be the first to spot a character, or a mullet, or green shoes. If youre eating, have them count how many people are left handed. Google lists of games like these and they'll be much more fun because theyre interactive with the rest of the family and their environment.

Thanks!

Klutz has at least two books out that come with a stopwatch on a cord. The books list challenges, etc. I have two girls close to the same age and they love this. It's even good for one child to play and see if they can beat their best time. The books are small and even if you didn't want to carry them, you could just take the stopwatch in your pocket and make up games.

The two books I know of are: (1) Stop! the Watch: A Book of Everyday Ordinary, Anybody Olympics and; (2) Stop the Watch: A Book of Everyday Ordinary Events.

:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter