What I'm Focussed On - Animals

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJgP5lwf1eUCM9QJXq3KZbLs4xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA

Haven't posted in here in a while - I shoot wildlife every weekend so I have far too many to share...but I see a few recent posts were of wildlife in Disney World parks or resorts, so I figured I'd post a few over the past year or two found on Disney World property.

Tufted titmouse from my Old Key West balcony:
original.jpg

Deer grazing in the distance along the path to Grand Floridian from Magic Kingdom, with an egret in the foreground, taken from the Grand Floridian/Polynesian boat:
4EF68F0157C94FE59FCC1F1BC43B224B.jpg

Hooded merganser splashing around in the river by Tomorrowland in Magic Kingdom:
A02C96C4F16D45ABA6378EA7BAA175FD.jpg

Mottled duck silhouette at sunset, cruising through the lake at Caribbean Beach Resort:
original.jpg

Duck in the Disney Springs lake, silhouetted in sunset colors, taken from Saratoga Springs:
original.jpg

Ring-billed gull on lookout from the Wilderness Lodge dock:
original.jpg

Female anhinga drying off at the Polynesian resort docks:
original.jpg

A northern cardinal stopping for a drink in the gorilla enclosure at Animal Kingdom:
original.jpg

Bald eagle calling out from atop the swan hotel across the river, as seen from my Boardwalk villa balcony:
original.jpg

I waited on my balcony with my coffee and my 300mm lens, and got lucky when the eagle flew off in my direction:
original.jpg

Last edited:
Is that a cormorant? They are great divers, but their wings get wet when they dive. As a result, they can often be seen standing around with their wings spread out.

View attachment 741603
That's a cormorant we saw while on a stroll during a March evening in Tampa.

I don't know; I saw it near Harper's Mill. It is such a beautiful bird!

Mark and Cathy - both of yours are a bird called anhinga. Close to cormorants, also dive, also dry their wings. But anhingas are a little black and greyer, they have straight pointy bills. Cormorants have a hooked or curved bill. Both are common in Florida - but anhingas probably outnumber cormorants.

This is an anhinga:
original.jpg

And for comparison, this is a cormorant:
original.jpg

Mark and Cathy - both of yours are a bird called anhinga. Close to cormorants, also dive, also dry their wings. But anhingas are a little black and greyer, they have straight pointy bills. Cormorants have a hooked or curved bill. Both are common in Florida - but anhingas probably outnumber cormorants.

This is an anhinga:
original.jpg

And for comparison, this is a cormorant:
original.jpg
Thanks zackiedawg! And your bird photos are amazing!

Good to know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter