What is a Podcast Cruise?

bawpotter

Earning My Ears
I am not exactly positive what a Podcast Cruise is, and what occurs on them. I can see a lot about booking, and all that, but I can't seem to find what it actually is. I apologize if it's here, but I am just not looking hard enough.

Thanks.

Hi bawpotter! :wave:
Welcome to the DIS Boards!

A Podcast Cruise is a cruise organized by the DIS Unplugged Podcast Team.
In addition to these discussion boards, there is a weekly podcast by the "Podcast Team"- led by Pete Werner (founder of the DIS).

Near the top of the boards are links to "Listen Now" or you can download episodes on iTunes (or subscribe).
The podcast is a lively discussion by the team about planning for a Disney vacation and assorted other topics related to the Disney experience. The whole team lives in Orlando- so they provide up to the minute news and information for those of us not lucky enough to be there all the time.

So, now back to the cruise. Back in 2009, the Podcast Team organized the first Podcast Cruise. December 2010 was #2, and 2012 will see #3 (in June) and #4 (in December). Basically, if you book your cruise through Dreams Unlimited Travel, you can be a part of any activities they put together.

In the past they have arranged Disney Legend Guest Speakers & autograph sessions (Jodie Benson, Bob Gurr and Charlie Ridgeway for example), hosted a special lunch for us on Castaway Cay, had a live podcast recording on the ship, and lots of other surprises!

Hope you can join us on one! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter