What is it like to run in the rain?

I've run several events in the pouring rain, including last year's W&D. The worst part for me is standing in the corrals waiting to get moving... but once I cross the starting line, I just tune out the rain and focus on enjoying the run. As others have stated, make sure you dress appropriately, including a hat to keep the rain off of your face (as best as it can), water-wicking clothing, and shoes that drain well. Above all else, don't let the rain dampen your spirit... ignore it, focus on the run, your environment, and your fellow runners. I've gotten to the point that I can even embrace it... it makes crossing the finish line even sweeter!

I ran in a race today that was wet! It rained most of the night before and for most of the race. As others have stated the worst part was standing in the rain before the race began, but the other part that bothered me were soaked feet. Within the first mile my shoes, socks and feet were soaked. But the rain kept the temperatures comfortable for a hard run, was refreshing and made the beautiful run even more breath taking. It was a great run. You definitely want a hat though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter