what is more important to you

Trap

Mouseketeer
service or the food after reading some post it seems people will stop going to a restaurant because of bad service for us it would be bad food to stop us it mite be a server having a bad day i can live with that as long as the food was good

I agree. If the food is bad no amount of good service can save a meal. That being said I detest being rushed through a meal. I need several hours to truly enjoy a meal when we start with a cocktail or wine. We try to avoid the rush you out Disney restaurants.

service or the food after reading some post it seems people will stop going to a restaurant because of bad service for us it would be bad food to stop us it mite be a server having a bad day i can live with that as long as the food was good

By the same token, the kitchen can have a bad night too. For me the only places that I won’t go back to are those with bad ambiance, bad service, and bad food (right now there is only 1 place we won’t go back to - Sci Fi). Or where one of those is so bad (or in the case of service, regularly bad) it might get on the PrincessWithABlaster blacklist but it’s pretty rare.

I have to like the food to decide to eat at a restaurant. But even then, if I go and get poor service over more than a couple of visits, that restaurant is off my list no matter how good the food.

If the food were just down right bad, and the service wonderful, I still wouldn't go back. I've been to many restaurants (WDW and other) where the food was o.k. and the service wonderful and I would go back to those. I've been to others where the food was good but the service bad, and while I've not gone back yet, I probably will. If the food is just o.k. and service is bad, nope not going back. If the service is o.k. and the food o.k., neither really good but not bad, I might go back.

That sounds really unusual. Have you reported it to your local health department?
It was at various different Wendy’s across different states, eating different things (although more than once it was salad bars) and spanning many years. Every time, I thought to myself, “It won’t happen again”.

For us it's service and/or atmosphere that's killer. Food can always be choked down, but if the service made me cringe or the atmosphere was too chaotic or too loud, we won't return. For instance, meal-wise , we had a very beautiful Filet Mignon at Be Our Guest on our last trip. I had never scored reservations there since opening and miraculously I found some this time. So we went for a dinner sit-down.

Yet, while the service and food was great, the atmosphere was too loud for my wife and so many people were bumping into our table as they moved past to visit the other Beast rooms, it was like sitting in the aisle seat of an airplane. We found ourselves unconsciously apologizing to people walking by our table.

Two legs of the proverbial stool were great but that third leg, the atmosphere, made us collapse. So while we did it and had a top notch Filet, we probably wouldn't ever go back. It was like people had zero concerns about other's meals after they themselves had a good one.

It really depends.
If it's somewhere that I love, and is usually good, then, I can forgive a bad night on the part of a server or whatever, but, the thing is, there are so many restaurants, I can't ever hope to eat in all of them, so, why go back somewhere I didn't like either the food OR the service.
Bad service can actually make good food unenjoyable, and great service can make mediocre food seem better, because they compliment each other.
If I feel welcome and comfortable, then everything is in a more positive light. If I feel like I am getting on the server's nerves, and annoying them, or if I am made to feel uncomfortable then, it doesn't matter how good the food is, I won't enjoy it.

I don’t want to jinx anything but we have always had good food and service at the TS we have been to. Not sure if it is because a few family members have food allergies and a chef always has to come out or if it is that we usually eat at earlier times.

To me, it is a combination of food, service, and atmosphere. If one is severely lacking, it will effect my willingness to try again on our next trip. We only get to go once every two or three years. I like to try new places but also want to return to the best of the best. Atmosphere is a very subjective thing to judge as well. One of the best meals I have had in Disney World was dinner at The Wave. While service was good and the food was great, the atmosphere seemed stuffy to me. For others, I am sure it is exactly what they are looking for though. We haven't returned since that meal. Atmosphere and service are definitely very important to the overall dining experience.

Definitely the food. I mean I have been to WDW at least 35 times, and out of all the restaurants we have gone to I can say we hardly ever had bad service. When we did, I think it was an off night. Now, if we went somewhere and consistently had bad service, then I would not go back. We have our favorites, but also like to try new places as well. I have found out over the years that food quality can be great then changes to so-so or poor. If that happens, I give it a break then will probably give it a try in the future. One example for me is 'Ohana, for dinner. We used to absolutely love it years ago. Then it consistently got worse, both the food and service. I stopped going for awhile. Now, I am pleased to say that the last few times we have gone, both the food and service was better than ever. (except the salad lol, i liked the old one better).

I've never gone anywhere at WDW and said I definitely wouldn't go back, but here at home is a different story.

The only place I've sworn off of after only one visit was because of awful service. Anyplace else has had not great food or service more than once before we decided it was a pattern, not just an exception.

If the food is just terrible- it doesn't matter how good the service is, I won't go back. If the food is really good but service is bad, I'd give it another try but if the service is consistently bad then I'd cross that place off of my list. I haven't been anywhere at WDW that I'd say never again to... there are a few places that I don't care to go to again but I won't say I'll NEVER go to them again.

I’m a really picky eater, so for me it’s the food. If it’s food that I want to eat, I will keep going back, even if service or atmosphere isn’t the best all the time.

Bad service would have to be repeated to stop me going if the food was something special. As for the food, if none of our party liked our food then we wouldn't return. There are too many other choices.

If I don’t like the food, I won’t go back for the same meal. For instance, we had an awful tasting dinner at one place but we were willing to try the breakfast because the service was excellent and it was different foods. Then we had awful service at breakfast so we never considered going back and now it’s closed so it’s a non-issue.

If the service is memorably bad more than once, I won’t go back regardless of how much I enjoyed the food, it’s not with the aggravation to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter