What is the best DISNEY resort for 4 light sleepers?

BeachNut

Earning My Ears
Ideally we’d each have our own comfortable, non pull-out bed in a quiet room. While that may not be possible within our budget, I’d be interested in learning what accommodations come close!

thanks!

I have had loud and quiet rooms at most resorts I've been at, but I can say to never ever get a pool view room if you want quiet at any resort. Aside from that, most values and mods are louder since the doors open the outside and generally have more traffic, you can find quiet rooms, but it can be night and day between one side of a building and another (trees vs. pools). YC has been the loudest overall resort for me, the walls were sooooo thin and I hated being able to hear people using the bathroom in my room, and MK area resorts are really loud around fireworks and electrical parade time every night. AKL is very quiet though, especially at night, and the non-boardwalk view areas of BWI are very quiet.

Our favorite is the 2-bedroom, dedicated villa at BCV. You wouldn't have 4 beds, but you would get a king and two queens (plus some pull-outs). There is only one door in the unit that goes to the outer hallway (it's in the foyer) which means neither of the bedrooms have doors to the hallways and neither bedroom has a connecting door to another guest's room. We've stayed in almost every resort on property and found this particular villa to be the quietest. Our Riviera 1-bedroom was quiet as well, but to get more than 3 beds, you would need to do a 2-bedroom there as well.

The non pull outs make it tough. You won't get anything like that at a moderate or value resort. Not unless you are ok with 2 rooms.

With basic rooms it really depends a lot of the people in the rooms next to you, and where your room exactly is. I've had quiet rooms at both Pop and Sports. The Pop room was a preferred third floor in building #1 facing some green space. At Sports it was preferred first floor on the back side of building #1 in Surfs Up. Both rooms were super quiet.

Ideally we’d each have our own comfortable, non pull-out bed in a quiet room. While that may not be possible within our budget, I’d be interested in learning what accommodations come close!
I would avoid the following:
  • Resorts with non-carpeted flooring, as that magnifies sound, particularly from the room above you (Animal Kingdom Lodge, Yacht Club, Fort Wilderness Cabins, Riviera, Pop Century, All Star Movies, All Star Music, Art of Animation, Port Orleans French Quarter, Port Orleans Riverside, Coronado Springs, Wilderness Lodge)
  • Resorts that allow guests to being their potentially barking pet dogs (Yacht Club, Fort Wilderness Cabins, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside)
  • Pool-view category rooms at any resort
  • Other resort-specific categories with potentially noisy features, such as Tower rooms in the Contemporary (we could hear the automated monorail announcements in our room there late at night during Christmas week. It wasn't loud, but might annoy a light sleeper), or certain longhouses at the Polynesian Resort that are close to the boat docks or the luau show.

Last edited:
Any resort that the boats go into. In some rooms you can hear the boat horn all day- including early morning and very late at night.

I found Animal Kingdom quiet but the bus ride to theme parks and walk to the rooms can be very very long.

I would avoid the following:
  • Resorts with non-carpeted flooring, as that magnifies sound (Animal Kingdom Lodge, Yacht Club, Fort Wilderness Cabins, Pop Century, Port Orleans French Quarter, Port Orleans Riverside, Coronado Springs)
  • Resorts that allow guests to being their potentially barking pet dogs (Yacht Club, Fort Wilderness Cabins, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside)
  • Pool-view category rooms at any resort
  • Other resort-specific categories with potentially noisy features, such as Tower rooms in the Contemporary (we could hear the automated monorail announcements in our room there late at night during Christmas week. It wasn't loud, but might annoy a light sleeper), or certain longhouses at the Polynesian Resort that are close to the boat docks or the luau show.
This is a good summary.

I would also add that rooms near the lobby, transportation, and elevators are louder than the rooms that are at the very end of the hall, as far away from lobby, transportation and elevators, because families arrive from their day out and they are talking or running or laughing when they walk by your room. If you are at the end of the hall, it's less likely they will be making noise by your door.

This is a good summary.

I would also add that rooms near the lobby, transportation, and elevators are louder than the rooms that are at the very end of the hall, as far away from lobby, transportation and elevators, because families arrive from their day out and they are talking or running or laughing when they walk by your room. If you are at the end of the hall, it's less likely they will be making noise by your door.

This.

But all that said, a room is only going to be as quiet as those around you. You can have noisy children, adults who don't have inside voices, etc. anywhere, and unfortunately there is no way to predict that ahead of time.

I found when I stayed in the one or two bedroom villas to be the quietest. Being away from the door to the hallway really helped keep the noise down. animal kingdom lodge was probably my quietest rooms out of all the hotels and I’ve stayed at almost all of them. I think avoiding pullouts with that many adults will be difficult if you all want your own bed and aren’t willing to share

In addition to the other great suggestions from PP's, we've found the garden wing rooms at CR to be very quiet. In order to get 4 beds though, you would need two rooms which might break your budget.

I would also suggest, no matter what you choose, request highest floor and "quiet room". We like to be on the top floor no matter where we stay so no one is stomping on top of us.

Our favorite is the 2-bedroom, dedicated villa at BCV. You wouldn't have 4 beds, but you would get a king and two queens (plus some pull-outs). There is only one door in the unit that goes to the outer hallway (it's in the foyer) which means neither of the bedrooms have doors to the hallways and neither bedroom has a connecting door to another guest's room. We've stayed in almost every resort on property and found this particular villa to be the quietest. Our Riviera 1-bedroom was quiet as well, but to get more than 3 beds, you would need to do a 2-bedroom there as well.
Thanks - we have stayed in the dedicated 2BR at BCV and they are really nice - but that was a long time ago when we owned there - do you know if all of the dedicated DVC 2BR have 2 queens now?

In addition to the other great suggestions from PP's, we've found the garden wing rooms at CR to be very quiet. In order to get 4 beds though, you would need two rooms which might break your budget.

I would also suggest, no matter what you choose, request highest floor and "quiet room". We like to be on the top floor no matter where we stay so no one is stomping on top of us.
Good tip about requesting top floor and yeah, that’s the problem, 2 rooms = 2 expensive!

thanks!

We had a quick trip a few years ago before going on a cruise, and stayed at the All-Star music. The room they put us in was on the far side of country fair. Now this was a long way from the main building and transportation, but the room was incredibly quiet. It overlooks a wetlands area and it wasn’t close to the parking areas. The outside doors do you mean that you could hear more noise from people passing by, but that area of the resort didn’t have many people walking by because it was at the far end. Two rooms there would give you four beds, and they do have connecting rooms.

Two Value rooms will pretty much always less expensive than one Deluxe room. Quite possibly the same is true for two Moderate rooms.

I've never stayed in them but why not try the cabins at Fort Wilderness. They are all stand alone buildings and there are 4 beds (one is a pullout, but also, one is a double). This would be less expensive than the deluxes.

Well, I would say not Coronado Springs or any of the value resorts. I have always enjoyed Port Orleans Riverside.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter