What is the CHEAPEST way to purchase an AP?

Hi Spoisal!

I think that the ONLY way that you can get a discount on an AP is with the Disney Club. It amounts to about a $15 discount.
Hope that this helps...

Last year from October thru December a 10% discount was offered for AP's. I'm not sure if this was in addition to the DC discount or not.
We're waiting until October to buy for our December trip in hopes we can double up on our discount!

The 10% discount last year was a special offer for people who already had an AP or PAP. The 2000 Fall Mickey Monitor (newsletter for Annual Passholders) had a "Gift Promotion". Annual or Premium Annual Passholders could purchase new APs or new PAPs for 10% off the regular price. You could not combine this offer with the DC discount. Many people (including me :) ) bought passes as Christmas gifts. Some people (without APs) said they were allowed to buy a new AP at the regular price and then use that new AP to qualify to purchase additional passes at the 10% discount.

I don't anticipate Disney repeating the offer this year, but it would sure be nice if they did! The only other discount on APs is as others have said - the DC discount of approx 5%.

AP's purchased by qualified guests at Shades of Green are $343.00 (savings of $26.00). Must have military ID or DOD ID.

Military personnel can buy passes for non-military people. I.E. my son-in-law will be purchasing our passes when we are at WDW in Dec.

figmentvi--I am starting to think that's the only reason you are bringing us Army folks with you in December!!!! (Have you checked your PM's lately?)

Consider buying a regular annual pass instead of a premium annual pass. Unless you go to the water parks, Disney Quest and Pleasure Island more than once or twice a visit, it's usually cheaper to pay for those individually than shelling out the extra $100 per ticket for the PAP.

figmentvi,
can you please tell me how it works for a person in the military to be able to buy one for someone else. Do they have to be family or present on the trip? My friend and neighbor offered to purchase ours for us for our trip in Dec. but I wasn't sure she would be able to because I didn't know if they put her name on them etc.? Please let me know if she is allowed to do this. Thank you so much for any info you have!!

CatOne:bounce: :bounce:

Hi CatOne:

Military personnel can buy AP or Hoppers for anyone. Our Son-in-law will be purchasing ours for us at SOG when we are there in Dec. for a family reunion (13 of us). The only real requirement is that the purchaser show military ID, they can then give the tickets to whomever they choose. There is no, limit on how many tickets they purchase.

If you need an AP for a room discount, you have to have the voucher (which you turn in to Guest Services at a park for the AP)with you when you check in.

I do believe most military posts sell tickets, (if my daughter is reading this post she may be able to help out with some info) if your friend can find out where to purchase AP's on their post, you may be able to get your AP there and then travel with it.

You may also want to check out the Shades of Green Website:

www.shadesofgreen.org

for more information on ticket purchasing.

I hope some of this info helps.

Cat-One-- I am the daughter Figmentvi was talking about:cool: On a military post (I am only an expert on Army-not sure about other Armed Forces)--you can call the Information, Ticketing, and Reservation office on post and most do sell reduced tickets for Disney. I have called before and they sell park hopper passes as well as one day perpark passes. I don't, however, remember, the exact discount and if I am not mistaken, they may go by rank--not sure about that though. If you are looking to purchase tickets (airplane as well), most military installations have a Carson-Wagonlit travel agency-I am pretty sure that they offer reduced fares for airplane tickets and possibly in conjunction with WDW tickets. I would definitely check on this though because I have never booked tickets through Carson-Wagonlit for WDW travel, but have recieved military discounts for other travel. Your best bet though would to try the ITR-they may have more info about airfare as well...Good luck--any other things I can help with, feel free to ask!

Figmentvi and sydally9367...thank-you, thank-you, thank-you!!! I am so excited to hear this news!! Our neighbor is such a nice person and I didn't want to get anyone in trouble so I haven't said anything to her again because I wasn't sure if she could do this "legally", you know Disney legal:-) I am very pleased to know we can save some money. We live in Virginia Beach, there won't be any trouble with her getting them locally. Thanks again! This is a great help!!!

CatOne:bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter