What is the most annoying word used here?

You know, if the words described in this thread were not spoken or if the people who use them did not do so, the dining threads would be desolate and boring. People who describe things in their own unique quirky way make forums interesting. I would never go "Eeeeek!" to something Disney, but if it makes someone else do so, I'd be curious. :) I want to hear if someone found something yummy. So what if it sounds like a kid I'm a self-proclaimed kid still and go to Disney World for vacations instead of places where yummy might not apply.

Who cares if someone misspells Ohannas, Ragland Road or Chef Mickies. Unless you are a veteran you would hardly know the proper placement of the apostrophe and it really doesn't matter.

Overrated -- I think is used correctly. Something is indeed overrated (in your opinion) if it tends to get good ratings and you think they're disproportionately indicating a high rating.

Recommendations to do what you like -- Well of course. It's somewhat showing off when people post their list of ADRs, but it's also a mix of anticipation and wanting to talk about them and have fun enjoying the run-up. Is it worth it? If you were not to speak of whether it's worth it to you, then asking MOST opinions on the Disboards should be considered meaningless. Obviously almost everything you read out here is one opinion or another.

By the way, we just tried Le Cellier this weekend. And despite the fact that many people call it overrated, it was hands down the best steak on property. ;)

Last edited:
I hate posts with too many acronyms. How much time typing are you really saving? I'm a Disney fanatic and even I can't intuitively figure out acronyms at times without Google.

Just say husband/son/kid/spawn. "DH/DW/DD/DS/DGD" is so...weird (I have a long history on other forums, so I knew what those meant, but constant acronyms are the worst).
Agree with this one lol. A few acronyms is fine, but when 50% of the post is abbreviated, it's just too much work to read it!

Definitely on the band wagon with “dinning”- makes my eyes hurt to read it.
Cannot stand the word kiddos-don’t know why!
Also when the word myself is used incorrectly- “Myself and DH are going to the movies”

I agree, until we start seeing things like "Attending MK with AM EMH, do we do QS at PB or CR or should do TS at BOG or LTT. We have FPs at 11 for BTMR and FPs for 7DMT at 1:30, planning to take a pool break back at AKL and then dinner at YS before Ep to IRoE and then head over to DS to have drinks at EHTB." LOL slight exaggeration, I have seen things close.

The sad thing is that I clearly understood that entire sentence. I must spend way too much time on the DIS!

Do you happen to know if there is a key for acronyms? I can make it half of them, the other half I'm scratching my head.

I'll decode:

"Attending Magic Kingdom with morning Extra Magic Hours, do we do Quick Service at Pecos Bill's or Cosmic Ray's or should do Table Service at Be Our Guest or Liberty Tree Tavern. We have FastPasses at 11 for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and FastPasses for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train at 1:30, planning to take a pool break back at Animal Kingdom Lodge and then dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse before Epcot to Illuminations: Reflections of Earth and then head over to Disney Springs to have drinks at Enzo's Hideaway Tunnel Bar."

There is an Abbreviations Sticky: https://www.disboards.com/threads/a-list-of-common-abbreviations.1660743/

It's not always up to date. It doesn't have Enzo's on it because it is so new, and I'll admit I did have to think about that one for just a moment.

the dining threads would be desolate and boring.

I'm a self-proclaimed kid still and go to Disney World for vacations instead of places where yummy might not apply.

but it's also a mix of anticipation and wanting to talk about them

If you were not to speak of whether it's worth it to you, then asking MOST opinions on the Disboards should be considered meaningless.
;)

:worship::worship: Love and agree with every word. I’m glad to hear your meal at Le Cellier was not INEDIBLE!

I'll decode:

"Attending Magic Kingdom with morning Extra Magic Hours, do we do Quick Service at Pecos Bill's or Cosmic Ray's or should do Table Service at Be Our Guest or Liberty Tree Tavern. We have FastPasses at 11 for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and FastPasses for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train at 1:30, planning to take a pool break back at Animal Kingdom Lodge and then dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse before Epcot to Illuminations: Reflections of Earth and then head over to Disney Springs to have drinks at Enzo's Hideaway Tunnel Bar."

There is an Abbreviations Sticky: https://www.disboards.com/threads/a-list-of-common-abbreviations.1660743/

It's not always up to date. It doesn't have Enzo's on it because it is so new, and I'll admit I did have to think about that one for just a moment.
Absolutely perfect, I was wondering if people would get the Enzo's, but I should have known better with this crowd!

When people describe food as "delightful". :badpc:
Just one of those things, ya know?

AP: Associate Press
TTC: Trying To Conceive
It took me a while to stop reading them like that :confused3
First use as trying to conceive acronym was urban dictionary, 2003. Disney has had the original TTC :D since 1971. Disney wins ;)
Who cares if someone misspells Ohannas, Ragland Road or Chef Mickies.
Definitely on the band wagon with “dinning”- makes my eyes hurt to read it.
Similar to karmic, these and similar errors make my brain hurt.

I hate the abbreviations for husband, son, etc. Just say husband instead of DH.
Just please don't use hubster or hubby.
More of a FB thing, but anyone who types “.....and GO!” after a question needs to have a word with themselves.
It drives me nuts.
Agree. And they sometimes add 'points for pics'....what kind of points & what am I supposed to do with them?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter