what is the most controversial subject?!

What is the most controversial subject/thread here?!

• Giving up a seat on the bus

• Multiple ADRs on the same day

• Pool hopping

• Refillable mugs

Results are only viewable after voting.
nowellsl said:
You should add - taking your kids out of school to go to Disney! Those debates get pretty heated! :goodvibes

What about calling those trips educational. Maybe the first trip, but after 2 times a year for 10 years - I don't think so. ;)

Lisa_Belle said:
I wholeheartedly agree!

So let me see, I think I'll borrow my friends resuable mugs when we go in September at which time I will be pulling my child out of Pre-K. They're for the Contemporary - a different resort than the one we're staying in, but I can fill them up when I'm over there pool hopping. Of course my car will already be parked there so that I can just walk into the Magic Kingdom after my 7:30 ADR at Chef Mickey's. We're on the free dining plan, so I'll pay OOP for DD's meal so that I can use the extra credit for our dinner that night at Le Cellier. Unless we decide to go to MGM in which case I also have ADRs for Hollywood and Vine. I can take the bus back to the Contemporary to pick up my car after Illuminations (or Fantasmic). DD will probably be pretty tired by then, so I think I'll let our stretch out on a few of the bus seats so she can take a nap. Oh, but first we'll need a bathroom break. If there is a long line, we'll just use the nice, big stall. :rotfl2:

Anyone want to join me? :stir:

Too funny!!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I voted for the mugs. Those debates can get very heated. You definately need to add paying $11 for kids dining plan and using those credits for adult meals. Over on the restaurant board those threads can get ugly quick.

One of DISUNC's posts reminded me that there is also the buying-a-double-cheeseburger-and-an-extra-bun-to-make-two-burgers controversy, as well as the using-the-burger-fixins-as-a-salad-bar scandal!

buying-a-double-cheeseburger-and-an-extra-bun-to-make-two-burgers controversy
This is a controversy? Wow- I do all the bad stuff people argue over on thiese boards.

I voted on mug's , not because I care to say one way or another how I feel , but thought the question referred to heated debate here on the Dis. I try not to get in discussion about these things . No one is gonna listen to little ol Me . :rotfl:

Lisa_Belle said:
I wholeheartedly agree!

So let me see, I think I'll borrow my friends resuable mugs when we go in September at which time I will be pulling my child out of Pre-K. They're for the Contemporary - a different resort than the one we're staying in, but I can fill them up when I'm over there pool hopping. Of course my car will already be parked there so that I can just walk into the Magic Kingdom after my 7:30 ADR at Chef Mickey's. We're on the free dining plan, so I'll pay OOP for DD's meal so that I can use the extra credit for our dinner that night at Le Cellier. Unless we decide to go to MGM in which case I also have ADRs for Hollywood and Vine. I can take the bus back to the Contemporary to pick up my car after Illuminations (or Fantasmic). DD will probably be pretty tired by then, so I think I'll let our stretch out on a few of the bus seats so she can take a nap. Oh, but first we'll need a bathroom break. If there is a long line, we'll just use the nice, big stall. :rotfl2:

Anyone want to join me? :stir:

You'd better make sure to put your towels down on a nice lounge chair at the Contemporary in the morning so it will be saved for you when you show up 10 hours later! Oh--and I would suggest you bring every male member of your party that is under the age of 13 into the handicapped stall in the bathroom with you. I'd also suggest that while you are in the single-rider line for TT, you breastfeed your infant while holding a space for the other 12 people in your party who are doing a quick ride on MS before getting FP for Soarin'.

Have a magical trip~ :wizard:

Wow, I got that one wrong! I thought for sure it would be the 2 ADR's but totally forgot about the mugs thread!! Great poll!!

katlas&kids said:
first timers, ya know :thumbsup2 .... But I will make sure I look for all of these and report on them when I get back.

The only other one I didn't see listed is walking off and leaving your kid when they aren't listening :tiptoe:and the parents who can't control their kids. That seems to get some people also!

Oh, wait!! How about those who don't know how to use fast passes and make nasty comments while standing in a 2 hour line while the fast passers just zip by them to ride! Or those that come early for their time and block the entrances?! See, I have been reading, and reading and reading! :smooth:

Very good. . .there WILL be a test! :cool1:

Don't forget the "toasters in the room" controversy. Some people actually think you're going to burn down the hotel if you have an unauthorized toaster in your room. Thought I was going to get shot when I told someone I didn't think there was anything wrong with it.

P.S. I work for a hotel company. In 17 years I can tell you the main cause of every fire at our hotels (smoking cigarettes). Last one was a few years ago, when a thoughtful smoker decided to smoke outside on his patio, then threw the still lit cigarette butt into the bark dust. It did a lovely job of melting the vinyl siding off the back of the hotel!

michygoomy said:
You'd better make sure to put your towels down on a nice lounge chair at the Contemporary in the morning so it will be saved for you when you show up 10 hours later! Oh--and I would suggest you bring every male member of your party that is under the age of 13 into the handicapped stall in the bathroom with you. I'd also suggest that while you are in the single-rider line for TT, you breastfeed your infant while holding a space for the other 12 people in your party who are doing a quick ride on MS before getting FP for Soarin'.

Have a magical trip~ :wizard:

Thanks, but unfortunately, your suggestions won't work for me because:

1- It's just DD and me (no males under or OVER 13 - too bad for the both of us)
2 - I can't ride in the single-rider line b/c DD will be 5 then and I'm too responsible to just let her run amok through Disney. I also fear kidnappers because my kid is too cute and precious princess:
3 - I'm not breastfeeding said preschooler, especially since we're getting FREE FOOD
4 - I can't hold places in line because of (see #1)
5 - I like the towel idea :thumbsup2 , but probably won't need to. DD and I are both fair-skinned, blue-eyed blondes who sunburn easily. We'll be pool hopping in the evening when everyone else is over at Le Cellier trying to figure out why they can't get in for dinner without an ADR.

However, if we can get some DISers to join us, we can accomplish the above easily. I have organizational room in my Disney binder to plan this out. Just be sure someone in your party is a male under the age of 13 ;)

SAMEYEAM - Your whole toaster post reminds me of the Rocky Horror Picture Show. Ooh, maybe that can be our theme for MNSSHP. Think Disney will let us in the gate?

Don't forget the fun run to wake up tinkerbell at magic kingdom. But, have to agree the mugs are the most widely complained about topic. I think pool hopping would be second from the threads I've read.

sameyeyam said:
Don't forget the "toasters in the room" controversy. Some people actually think you're going to burn down the hotel if you have an unauthorized toaster in your room. Thought I was going to get shot when I told someone I didn't think there was anything wrong with it.

P.S. I work for a hotel company. In 17 years I can tell you the main cause of every fire at our hotels (smoking cigarettes). Last one was a few years ago, when a thoughtful smoker decided to smoke outside on his patio, then threw the still lit cigarette butt into the bark dust. It did a lovely job of melting the vinyl siding off the back of the hotel!

Lovely, the smell of melted vinyl in the morning!!! :rolleyes: Smoke free for me all the way. Hey, and on my first trip with my family I was one of those women who breast fed her child in public OH, MY! Tasteless of me I know. Honestly, I don't think anyone ever noticed, of course I was covered. But, I did draw the line on tastlessness when my eldest then 3 y/o wanted to pee in the bushes at EPCOT rather than go potty on an auto flush toilet which she was scared to death of due to a prior bad experience. I was an awful mother and told her the police would arrest me if she did this and we worked it out that I would whisk her off the toilet at top speed before the toliet sucked her in. Live long enough and you learn to let go of the small stuff like refillable mug recycling. Personally, I come to this board not to read negatives but postives, funnies and for great information on all things disney.

We are going as a family for the first time in less than a month and I have loved reading this thread!!! We are not staying on site-so no pool hopping for us--keep it coming!!!!!!! :rotfl2:

cynderella said:
One of DISUNC's posts reminded me that there is also the buying-a-double-cheeseburger-and-an-extra-bun-to-make-two-burgers controversy!

Okay, I admit it, I have done this. I am new to the boards, why is this a bad thing? :confused3

Most controversial- as in most often discussed is probably mugs.

Most controversial/ most annoying to me is probably the bus seat/ADR's. I couldn't sit while a 90 year old woman stood.

mmlovers90 said:
Okay, I admit it, I have done this. I am new to the boards, why is this a bad thing? :confused3
Well, *I* don't think it's a bad thing at all...in fact, can't even see why it's an issue. But I think the opposing opinion is that people who do this are "cheap" and if you can't afford Disney, you should choose another vacation or something
blahblah.gif
Oh, wait...I think some people also see this as potentially trying to cheat Disney out of the value of their burger, lol. But, the counter-arguement is that Disney will, in fact, sell you the extra bun, so they clearly don't care and even encourage it. It's all very complicated, naturally, as these various controversies tend to be. :rolleyes2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter