What is the most famous TV show/Film filmed in your area?

Doctor Strange wrecked on the cliffs overlooking the Delaware River in an area near us called Hawk's Nest. Love telling people that I safely drive it when Strange can't....;)

Thor Ragnarok - we got pics of Chris, Tom and Sir Anthony- they did a crowd walk at the end of the day :)

Breaking the Rules with Annie Potts and Justin Bateman. They were shooting across the street at a frostie stand and they had to keep coming over to us when they filmed for us to shut our metal door on our firework stand. The plus is, they came over later and bought a ton of fireworks.

Wisdom with Demi Moore and Emilio Estevez

Ladybird

The Patriot with Mel Gibson and a made for TV miniseries called Chiefs

I'm 20 minutes from Amsterdam, so I'm going with that. Usually it's only a few scenes English-speaking movies shoot here, The fault in our stars & Ocean's Twelve are probably the most famous. The Girl with the Pearl Earring had some scenes shot in Amsterdam as well.

most iconic would have to be Jaws.

Equalizer 2 was filmed in my home town outside Boston

I feel like the CBS series Flashpoint would have filmed in my area (I live in Markham, ON) at some point in time. I hadn't watched the entire series, so I can't say for certain.

In a greater context, there's a lot of television and movies shot on location in the Toronto area. Example was Incredible Hulk, which had a fight scene between Hulk and Abomination that was very obviously on Yonge Street. In the picture below you can see the locally famous Sam the Record Man spinning discs and the locally infamous Zanzibar sign.

Probably the closest was when I was studying at University of Toronto. I lived on campus at St Michael's College, and the scene where Tommy falls through a table was filmed at one of the dorms there.

I live in the Vancouver area which is also known as Hollywood North so tons are filmed here. You pass filming signs wherever you go. They are always filming close to my work and have even filmed at my kids high school.

Some I can think are XFiles ( early seasons) Riverdale, Once Upon a Time, Deadpool, Supernatural, The Flash.....etc.

Same here, we’ve had tons filmed here too. I don’t even know which one would qualify as most famous.

U-571
Capote
Upcoming Sean Penn movie
Upcoming movie with Sarah Paulson
We were supposed to get something about shooting Jessie James like 20 years ago but the company pulled out when we wouldn’t allow them to pull out some trees. We have an area in our downtown that looks like an early 20th century downtown. It’s actually a national historic site and was quite the brouhaha when it happened.

Hairspray, Glass, School Ties, The Sopranos, and at least one episode of each of these reality shows: he Simple Life (remember that show? Paris Hilton and .. um, what's her face?), Forensic Files, 16 and Pregnant and Teen Mom, Restaurant: Impossible, Save My Bakery, and Kitchen Nightmares

Sleepless in Seattle. Funny thing, showed parts of the city close to other parts, that weren't close at all! Challenge when you know the area/or know the subject!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter