what is the weirdest tv show you have watched?

Really? He did an entire episode about how to avoid being sued by the people he conned in a Hollywood tourist trap. If that was all scripted, the bit-players have a lot more acting talent than Nathan Fielder. I'd imagine any releases were signed after the fact, before the episode dropped.

It's not all scripted, but people have to agree to appear on camera in the final show. Otherwise their faces get blurred.

While there are certainly weirder shows out there, one that had caught my attention in a, "Wow, this is so bad I cannot look away," kind of way was a show called Persons Unknown. It was a mystery box type thing where people woke up in this abandoned town that they couldn't leave. The Chinese Restaurant though had staff and would provide food. It did so poorly that NBC ran several of the last few episodes in the early morning hours to burn it off before the finale.
That sounds sort of like Wayward Pines, which was a Duffer Brothers show predating Stranger Things. Matt Dillon and others wake up one day in a mysterious, unknown town, only it's populated and under surveillance.

Spoiler alert:
It was ridiculous.

That show had a season 2 which was absolutely awful. Most of the main cast left from the first season seemed eager to get killed off in Season 2 to go work on something better. And a number of them went on to much bigger shows/movies. There really was no more room for another season, the producers were just trying to milk the premise for what it's worth. I want to say that the Duffers were not involved in Season 2, I could be wrong.

That sounds sort of like Wayward Pines, which was a Duffer Brothers show predating Stranger Things. Matt Dillon and others wake up one day in a mysterious, unknown town, only it's populated and under surveillance.

Spoiler alert:
It was ridiculous.

That show had a season 2 which was absolutely awful. Most of the main cast left from the first season seemed eager to get killed off in Season 2 to go work on something better. And a number of them went on to much bigger shows/movies.

I didn't watch that, but it was similar. It was when there were just a ton of shows trying to cash in on that Lost style.

In terms of The Rehearsal, I watched it thinking everyone was an actor--including the "real" person who he's trying to help. Now I'm thinking maybe I was wrong. Either way, it's compelling.

Spoiler alert:
It was ridiculous.

That show had a season 2 which was absolutely awful. Most of the main cast left from the first season seemed eager to get killed off in Season 2 to go work on something better. And a number of them went on to much bigger shows/movies. There really was no more room for another season, the producers were just trying to milk the premise for what it's worth. I want to say that the Duffers were not involved in Season 2, I could be wrong.

that was a WEIRD show to be sure. we kind of enjoyed it until the whole mother/son time travel dynamic was revealed o_O :crazy2::crazy2:

Under the Dome comes to mind. Then there is The Strain. Haven was odd.

Lately it was Midnight Mass. It was good but very, very strange.

Legion or Preacher

I watched both and although Preacher was for sure weird. I think Legion took the cake, things were just off the rails the entire time. I felt like I spent more time reading post discussions than watching it to try and figure out what I had watched.

Yep. I only watched (part of) a single episode but it happened to be the pig one. Seriously - what goes through the twisted minds of some people to even come up with these things?!? :sad2:
I have only watched about half of these, but I have to say, most of them are NOTHING as nasty as the pig episode. I cannot believe they have that as the very first episode. A lot of them are just ok, but a few of them are really good. I love weird, and creepy but the pig episode was so horrendous.

I loved Twin Peaks!

Every Japanese game show that I have watched. One of the weirdest was a machoistic version of beat the clock. The person doing the voice over was as weird as the show.

I watched both and although Preacher was for sure weird. I think Legion took the cake, things were just off the rails the entire time. I felt like I spent more time reading post discussions than watching it to try and figure out what I had watched.
My sister and I were still living with our parents when we were watching both. One time they came home while we were watching Legion and sat down to watch with us. They were entirely confused and we couldn't even explain it because we had no idea what was happening, either. Still watched until the end. It was a visually pleasing show, at least.

We wouldn't watch Preacher with the parents in the room. Especially not when it was getting all sacrilegious in later seasons, my mom would've been horrified.

By the way, I was googling for screenshots of a show when I ran across THIS:

711qbyI5ezL._RI_.jpg

Somebody legitimately produced this as a series, and I want answers.
With cohost Michael Vick.

My daughter used to watch a really weird show called Yo Gabba Gabba. It was so odd LOL!! she loved it though! It was strange creatures, a DJ, lots of weird songs all tied up in a little life lesson and you just couldn't look away once you started watching it.

The weirdest show I ever watched much of (usually bail out of stuff like that pretty early on) would be Westworld. I think I got almost to the end of the first season before saying to myself "why the heck are you watching this"? For me, it was just a really icky experience. :scared:

I would say 19 Kids and Counting. It was like a train wreck - I couldn't stop watching their weird cult lifestyle.

Teletubbies. If you were older than 3, it was like you had taken a mind altering drug.:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter