What is the worst injury you have ever had?

I have had a lot of dumb injuries over the years but my worst injury came from a head on car crash. Another driver tried to beat turning traffic and flew out of a gas station in my lane of traffic. She hit me so hard I was told the rear of my car went about 6 feet in the air. I saw her coming and hit my brakes as hard as I could. Thankfully my car had the type of seatbelt that you HAD to wear or I think I would be dead. I had a concussion and nice bruise where my head took off the rear view mirror, chest contusion and irregular heartbeat for a few hours and a bruised hip from the gear shift. The worst injuries left me with 2 bulging discs in my neck and 3 or 4 bulging discs in my back which are acting up really badly right now. I also tore the muscles and damaged nerves in my left shoulder and elbow. Somehow I managed to BEND my steering wheel which is not an easy feat considering it is steel. I gladly took everyone of those injuries. My son was in the car and walked away without a scratch or a bruise.

My second worst injury came as a result of my trying to be healthy. I was out for a walk and tripped on uneven concrete. My ankle rolled and I heard the pop. I wish it had been broken. I tore ligaments and cartilage, damaged tendons and had a hairline fracture. I spent a year in a boot, cast for 2 days (don't ask I panic in them and had it taken off), boot, brace and then the boot again. I finally said enough. The only real fix is surgery but there is no guarantee I will be any better shape after it. I live with permanent swelling and my back in worse shape because the boot threw my gait off and added hip issues.

I have been told I need to be bubble wrapped.

Riding with feet up on the dashboard?
Nope. His left foot was resting on his right knee. We were stopped at a stop light and a truck coming up behind us didn't stop. DH heard me say "Oh my God" and he went to put his left foot down and that's when the impact occurred. And then the air bag went off and it forced his foot up onto the dashboard and into the windshield.

Wasn't me, but I remember a HS classmate who I heard survived a ski impaling his head.

:eek:
No broken bones yet. Playing touch football in 3rd grade someone ended up with their teeth in my forehead and I needed a few stitches.

This reminds me, when I was 9, I got a basketball to the face at a school holiday programme, I had a lollipop in my mouth and I broke my 2 bottom front teeth in half (adult teeth), terrible at the time but not the worst, however more recently I began having trouble, they have been chronically infected which spread to the jaw and killed off the tooth next to them, there is worrying they cant get it under control they will need to pull them! The cost of it all is staggering.

Took off a silver dollar size piece of bone and cartilage from the bottom of my femur. And essentially de-laminated my meniscus at the same time.

They used micro fracture to repair the missing bone. Was on crutches with no "toe touch" for just over 6 weeks. (I couldn't even rest my foot on the ground when standing)

They didn't realize that I had the problem with the meniscus for 2 years. Once they did, they sewed it down.

Not me, but just this past Saturday when we were rear ended at a stop light. DH's foot went into the windshield (he was in front passenger seat). Broke a bone in his foot but when he pulled his foot out of the windshield, the windshield took of some big chunks of flesh. His big toe looks like somebody took a carving knife to his big toe and part of the ball of his foot.
Oh no! How scary! Hope he’s beginning to heal up okay.

Compound fractures of the left ribs, hit by a car. Doctors said I would never walk again, fooled them. Several times I have broken toes usually running around barefoot. Broke the tip of my finger when it got slammed into the brick wall with a steel door.

I was surfing and another surfer's surfboard popped out from under him (we were just sitting on surfboards at the time, not actually surfing, but we were in the water) and he was trying to show off and stand on it while talking and it flipped out from under him and hit me in the mouth.

My lower lip was literally hanging on the side of my mouth. My front tooth cracked in half.

I got over 10 stitches and have had to have plastic surgery since to remove the scar tissue. And I had to get my tooth fixed through the years as well.

I've been pretty lucky. I was stung by a jellyfish as a kid, saw what looked like a bunch of blue threads floating in the water and scooped it up. Yow! I wound up with an ER doctor pulling the stingers out with tweezers as I recall.

The worst I've ever *felt* was a few years ago when I had my hysterectomy. I was only in the hospital for three days counting surgery day, but once home I was off my feet for around a week and then no lifting or anything for six weeks. The pain was very bad-I was on Dilaudid, very good stuff.

I lost the sight in my right eye in the early 70's following an infection resulting after a kitchen stove mishap... sigh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter