What is within walking distance of HoJo Maingate E?

luvpooh

oh bother!
My friends will be staying at the Howard Johnson's Maingate East next month and were wondering what was within walking distance of the hotel, as far as restaurants etc.

Also, how is the transportation to Disney? Reliable? Does it just go to the TTC, or to all 4 parks? How many times a day does it run? She called the hotel, and they weren't very helpful...

We are also staying at this hotel at the end of May and would love to hear an answer to this question.

Kathy

Will try to help.....this hotel is two miles east of Disney, and on a very busy stretch of 192......this road has just been reconstructed and not sure if there are side walks that are all finished....there will be lots of tee shirt shops, other hotels and some resaurants with in a half mile or so....it will be wall to wall hotels ,souvineers and restaurants....I am sure the pool and rooms go back from the highway, so you will feel much more secluded in the pool area.....I would be very specific about the shuttles....are they from the hotel and run on a regular basis or are they a contracted shuttle that stops at a lot of hotels....these shuttles are notoriously inconsistant, can get very full at peak times and waste a lot good vacation time....so make sure you know about the shuttle...FYI you are a very easy drive to Disney and I would recommend driving if at all possible.......remember this is a very basic hotel...In my opinion this should be no more than 45 dollars a night tops..good luck...Ted

I don't know about shuttles, as we rent a car, but we walked to Walgreens, Shoneys and IHOP as well as a couple of souvenir shops.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter