What is your favorite footwear for Disney?

I always bring good arch supported tennis shoes after our honeymoon trip in converses that ended in massive blisters by lunch the first day. I also always remember to pack moleskin and support socks like runner use. (Excess of caution given my past issues with it).

I do a LOT of hiking in my free time, so I wear the same shoes at WDW that I do any other time I'm not at work - New Balance 481 all-terrain running shoes. The only downside to this is wet feet if you happen to be there on a rainy day (there really aren't any rides at WDW that will get you that wet) and I've lucked out and seen little to no rain in my last few visits.

I personally couldn't handle wearing sandals, even athletic sandals like the Keen ones, for 25K+ steps of walking. But my wife does the same 25K+ steps in flip-flops, so your mileage may vary.

100% sneaker person here as well. Need something light, comfy and made to walk on (Nike Flyknit Free's are my go to)

I find worn in converse or vans to be very comfortable for long days in the parks.
A trick i learnt on my last visit was to buy a cheap pair of flip flops and change into them before any wet rides or if it starts raining (keeping your normal shoes in a plastic lined bag so they don’t get wet) and then once your feet dry naturally in the sun put your comfy walking shoes back on. Saves walking round in heavy wet squelchy shoes all day long

Converse! I wore them for the full 2 weeks I was there and my feet were so comfy, no blisters. Make sure they're worn in though! ;-)

Keens! Two pair (to trade them out). Used to take tennies, but got a nasty blister on a rainy day in EPCOT one year. And...my feet stay cooler in Keens Sandals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter