• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is your favorite thing to do at each DVC resort?

nezy

DIS Veteran
I was thinking about some of the things I like to do at the DVC resorts when I am not at a park-so with that in mind, consider some things you like to do while staying at each DVC resort. Here are some of my favs:

OKW-take boat to DTD and back, new slide, sit on deck and watch golfers, Olivia's
BWV- walk the Boardwalk at night and the slide
BCV-the slide, the pool and walk to MGM
VWL-tour the main bldg-look for hidden Mickey's, sit on deck and feel like I am "in the woods"
SSR-haven't stayed there yet
VB-beach, campfire, slide, watch ocean, shutters for dinner, listen to ocean
HH-rent bikes and ride to beach house, go fishing or walk on the dock, campfire, slide, view of Marshes, very old trees

BWV- the boardwalk at night, boat to EPCOT, Belvue Lounge, Jelly Rolls
BCV- pool, the decor, the closeness to EPCOT
VWL- The decor! the boat to MK, WC
SSR- the decor, the view of DTD, the quiet pool at night, the main pool and Turf club.
OKW- haven't been. Going in 9 days :sunny:
HH - haven't been. want to try soon
VB- " "
:love:

BWV - Sitting on a rocking chair at night on the patio off the lobby at the BWV and listen to the sounds.

OKW - having my coffee and reading in the quiet morning on that HUGE balcony off my bedroom.

Haven't yet had the pleasure of the other DVC resorts - but got a few years to get there!

Boardwalk - people watching from the balcony, walking over to Epcot or MGM.

Beach Club - stormalong bay, ice cream at Beaches & Cream

Villas of Wilderness Lodge - boat to Magic Kingdom

Old Key West - relax out on the porch

Vero Beach - walk along the sand or just sit out on the balcony and watch the ocean

Haven't been to Saratoga Spring or Hilton Head yet, but look forward to doing so in the future.

For me too, it's just relax and enjoy whatever is special at the resort. My recent trip to BWV with friends wasn't as fulfilling as I would have liked because my friends needed to "do" the parks. Even waiting in line was hard, one would go off and shop and get back just before the event opened, like the Littlest Mermaid, for instance. The CM just let her in, she checked before hand. Eating in a restaurant with somewhat slow service, the other friend complained. I actually enjoyed the time to sit and chat, but its hard when 1 person is in a rush. Go, Go, Go is not what I want to do at WDW, and it's not just because of DVC for me and DH and our children, we would always rest and relax at the resorts. I WILL make it to the campfire at the campground one of these trips, I hope I hope!

BWV - want to get to Jellyrolls. I like the atmosphere.
BCV - I make time to go in the lazy river part of SAB. Eat at the clambake and walk to Illuminations afterwards.
OKW - quiet pools and boat ride.
SSR - quiet pool overlooking DTD.
VWL - sit on rocker, walk the path to the campground, just take a boat to Contemporary, enjoy the lobby. Go to the beach at night for the electrical parade.
VB - ocean viewing, walking along the ocean, bike ride on the historic jungle trail.
Haven't been to HH.

I also want to experience the piano person at POR, they say great things on other boards about his show.

Bobbi :flower:

Gotta add my favorite at BCV-take off my shoes and walk barefoot in the sand on the beach. Then sit in a beach swing and watch the ferryboats on Crescent Lake. This is expecially nice at night.
My most favorite at OKW has already been mentioned-sitting on the huge balcony with my morning coffee. But in the evening, I love to walk up to Gurgling Suitcase, get a drink, then just sit out on the walkway (there used to be a couple white rocking chairs, don't know if they're still there).

BWV - view and walk to Epcot
SSR - THE SPA and the big pool
OKW? Just read my signature line.. it says it all...

there are few places that are as lovely and peaceful as the verandahs at OKW...

I am still a newbie but here goes!

OKW- Stayed during a hurricane and was absolutely floored by the size of the 2 bedroom. Great Conch fritters :)

BCV- Did not stay at the Villas (stayed BC) but was able to enjoy the incredible SAB. The walk to Epcot was sweet! :banana: Oh, and the Stormalong at Hurricane Hannahs was VERY good! :drinking1 being on Crescent lake :fish:.

VWL- Quickie boat ride to MK, Hidden Springs pool...loved the little bubbles and the privacy away from main Lodge pool. I really loved the Iron Spike room...looking at the pics of Walt with the trains and the great memorabilia was wonderful. The carvings on the walls/ceilings are just beautiful!

Thats all that I have experienced so far. Cant wait till I can take my first trip home to the BWV and check it all out for myself! :)

Sounds like we all know how to enjoy Our DVC resorts.

I have to say for anyone who has not been to HH, I really love this resort. I just got back and the atmosphere is just so relaxing. There are alot of activities to do --or not! DVC @ HH also has a tour of the grounds-very interesting to learn how they managed to build this resort and not disturb the trees that are OVER 300 yrs. old!!

As my son said, even older than--GEORGE WASHINGTON!
I was grateful he didn't say ME!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter