What is your favorite way to make wings with prepared sauces?

LuvOrlando

DIS Veteran
What is your favorite way to make wings with prepared sauces?

I have some Buffalo Wild Wings Asian Zing, some Trader Joes Soyaki & some Stubbs BBQ and wondering should I marinate or not? Fix up the sauces or not?

Some people suggest to put in butter first, others say cornstarch... tips?

My husband is the wing maker. He usually cooks in the oven at 400 degrees until they get crispy. But he just cooked them on the grill a couple of weeks ago and they came out even better. He cooks the wings first to get a crisp on them then uses 2 tbsp. butter and 1 tbsp white vinegar and Louisiana hot sauce (to your liking) and melts together in sauce pan. When wings are done and crsipy, toss with the sauce.

Sauce them after you cook, don't marinate or they won't be crispy. I either oven bake or air fry them then toss them in a sauce that is just a bit of butter mixed with Frank's.

Make sure you pat them dry really well before cooking to ensure they get crisp. If they have too much moisture they'll be mushy still.

I usually cook them in the oven with Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Season Salt and Poultry Seasoning at 375 degrees to get them cooked and crispy. Then I toss them in a combo of pretty much equal parts Terriyaki/BBQ/Buffalo Sauces. Triple play wings! (Recipe from a tavern up by where we camp.)

I like the Applebees Honey BBQ or Buffalo. Either way, ranch tip is the way to go. Unfortunately I do not know how to make them myself...so my preparation is filling out an order on my phone :thumbsup2

I steam them them let them dry and them bake them with butter in pan(It seems to work). Never have used prepared sauce always just make as wings are cooking.
Just use unsalted butter, Franks or other hot sauce and garlic.

I dry them good, give them a dusting of baking powder and either do them in the oven (convect) or on the grill, turning a few times. Then I toss w/ sauce.

We like Korean style--coated in potato starch and double fried. I use maangchi's recipe for the wings but use whatever sauce I want. Her recipe isn't specific enough about temps. I aim for 300-325 on the first fry, around 360 on the second and its worked.

I also like air fryer wings. They're less decadent but healthier. The baking powder trick helps a lot, but try to use aluminum free baking powder because some people dislike the taste of the aluminum.

I totally agree with the person who said marinades make less crispy wings. Sadly, that's been my experience.

https://tastesbetterfromscratch.com/crispy-baked-chicken-wings/

Tastes like they were fried, so crispy! Sauce afterwards.
We use a very similar recipe and roast them in the oven on high heat, on racks, on cookie sheets with sides, then toss in the sauce when they are done.

Yum!

We also make them on the grill using this recipe, I do not cut the wings into thirds. We cut off the tips and grill them together, they are easier to manipulate on the grill.
https://www.food.com/recipe/grilled-chicken-wings-31266

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter