What is your KIDS favorite resort?

MeridaMerida

Mouseketeer
Which resort is your kids' favorite?
(You can share their ages and other resorts you have stayed at as well! Also any they didn't love)

Has been Grand Floridian from 2 - 15 (current age), the perennial favorite. Beach Club is next and also SSR is popular for them. We stay at all Deluxe Resorts and Villas, but cannot speak to any Values or Mods as we have never stayed there.

Has been Grand Floridian from 2 - 15 (current age), the perennial favorite. Beach Club is next and also SSR is popular for them. We stay at all Deluxe Resorts and Villas, but cannot speak to any Values or Mods as we have never stayed there.

I could have written all of this - except exchange Beach Club for Yacht Club. DD is 11.

Our next trip includes Boulder Ridge and the Riviera so it will be interesting to see how she ranks those in the mix.

ETA: Funny, so many people love the Poly, but she says she'd rather just go to Hawaii lol

Last edited by a moderator:

My daughter is 6. Her favorite is the “Moana hotel” aka the Polynesian. She wants to go back there so bad and loved it so much

ETA: we’ve stayed at Poly, beach club, POFQ, and wilderness lodge. We’ll be staying at boardwalk this summer so we will see if her opinion changes lol

I could have written all of this - except exchange Beach Club for Yacht Club. DD is 11.

Our next trip includes Boulder Ridge and the Riviera so it will be interesting to see how she ranks those in the mix.

ETA: Funny, so many people love the Poly, but she says she'd rather just go to Hawaii lol
I actually prefer YC myself :)

My kids are 16 and one loves the BC and one loves the YC. Good thing they are essentially the same resort, so it really doesn’t matter which one we stay at as long as we stay at one of them.

My 6 year old loved the Poly, but I think she just really liked the pool and slide. She liked the Riviera pool but didn't think the slide was as good as the Lava Pool slide.

She's 6, she's just comparing pools at this point in her life.

The kids were 15, 12 and 10 years old the first time we stayed at the Beach Club. The whole family fell in love with the BC and SAB. The kids liked the fact that they had a little freedom to walk to Epcot and the Boardwalk. Our son especially liked ESPN, which was a lot of fun back then. They have wanted to stay at the Beach Club for every family trip since that first one. They still prefer the Beach Club now that they are adults with their own families. :)

Last edited:
AKL for my son. He was 13 when we stayed there. We’d only stayed at POR and offsite until then though.
We’ve tried a few more resorts since then, but I think AKL has all our hearts.
Waking up to the savannah is priceless!

We've gone 20+ times and have stayed in our 5th wheel at fort wilderness, cabins, pop, AoA, all stars, boardwalk, yacht, port orleans,Caribbean, riviera...that being said my kids AND grandbabes all enjoy Art of Animation at the cabins at Fort Wilderness the best.

When they were little we loved Poly, last two trips it was Beach Club (aged 10/12 and 8/10) but for our next one (11/13) we are going to split between Poly and Beach Club because my 13 yo wants to stay at Poly because it's so "aesthetic". Poly's pool is great because it has the splash pad, which is great but the size of SAB was nice with the long slide, sandy bottom pool, play area, lazy river. I would hedge towards BC's pool once they are a little older. Poly was also great because my kids LOVE the monorail and we just road that as a ride when they were younger (like through 8/9). We did also ride the Skyliner just for fun when at BC, but it's not quit as close.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter