What is your parks frequency on WDW trips?(Survey)

How many park days vs. non-park days do you do for WDW trips?

• All park days! All-go-no-quit

Votes: 94 39.2%
  • More park days than non-park days - that’s why I’m there, right?

Votes: 121 50.4%
  • About 50/50 - I need my rest

Votes: 19 7.9%
  • More non-park days than park days - gotta get my pool time in

Votes: 6 2.5%
  • All non-park days! I just like being in Orlando

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Unless the weather is extremely bad, we'd like to be among the first group to enter the park and the last group to leave.

We normally camp at the Fort, usually for 10 or more days. For us, at least a day or two for laundry, non-park swim, etc. When we fly down and are at a resort, we are usually in a park every day.

The thing is, we’re not rope-drop people. We’re an older couple without kids, who like to take it easy and stay out later. We park hop wherever the wind takes us :)

We are adults with no kids who usually visit every 2-3 years during holiday time for about 10 days. We are generally at the parks from open to close no rest days although on one of our AK or Epcot days we have dinner at DS and look in shops there. We sometimes take a day or 2 for other area attractions like SW or KSC. Our last trip we spent 2 nights on Universal property before our Disney part.

This thread has enlightened me a bit on how differently people see their WDW/DLR experience.

In 2019, we stayed at the Grand Floridian. Beautiful place, decent room, restaurants, etc. But it was a bit of a step to pay double prices for a room that all you did was sleep and shower in, we thought.

After all, we do the parks every day from rope drop to after lunch, then a nap, then back to the parks.

Ever since, we've stayed at CBR (3x). Next spring we'll stay at Pop Century. To us, the GF rooms were not worth twice or more the price of CBR.

However, it appears there are enough guests who like the "resort" experience of the premium hotels to pay for it. Hang around the hotel, swim, rest, etc.

Interesting.

We do afternoon breaks as needed, but every day is a park day. I think we would be bored with full resort days. That said, if I were not traveling with little kids I might appreciate a slow resort day more.

This thread has enlightened me a bit on how differently people see their WDW/DLR experience.

In 2019, we stayed at the Grand Floridian. Beautiful place, decent room, restaurants, etc. But it was a bit of a step to pay double prices for a room that all you did was sleep and shower in, we thought.

After all, we do the parks every day from rope drop to after lunch, then a nap, then back to the parks.

Ever since, we've stayed at CBR (3x). Next spring we'll stay at Pop Century. To us, the GF rooms were not worth twice or more the price of CBR.

However, it appears there are enough guests who like the "resort" experience of the premium hotels to pay for it. Hang around the hotel, swim, rest, etc.

Interesting.
It really is kind of mind-blowing to me how many people do all park days! I figured we were in the minority, but didn’t realize the extent to which we are! (At least among the DIS crowd 😂)

I just did a 15 day trip to Orlando. We went to WDW every single day 🤣 (Have AP) …rope dropped 12/15 days. Generally stayed until 2-3 in the afternoon. Only went to the parks a few times in evening.

We go to the parks every day. After going to WDW for 20+ years, we aren't rope droppers. We sleep late and leave early.

Usually skip the first day and do downtown Disney if we arrive early in the day.
We do parks almost every day but not all day. I think of WDW as a big resort (which it is) and enjoy doing a bit here and there.
Go to MK for the morning, go to Epcot for the evening. Usually we do a big AK day since it’s a bit away from the resorts we usually stay.
I marked everyday but it’s more like most days with a some partial days and some full days. If you are only going to parks for 4 days then save the money and just do a 4 day trip and go somewhere else for four days. I’d rather do 8 partial days personally and go at my own pace rather then feel rushed to go rope drop to close.
I’ve noticed there are 2 types of people at Disney. The ones who see Disney world as a whole resort and vacation and those that see the parks as something to be done.
Like my friends who go to the same resort in Cancun every year that get confused why we go to Disney every 1-2 years and don’t get “bored of the same thing”

For a 14 night visit, I get a 10 day ticket, so I’ll have a couple days off. Since I can enjoy so many park days, I only spend 4 or 5 hours per day in a park, sometimes less. I mostly enter at rope drop, and rarely go back for evening fireworks for a couple hours.

Even though we have more park then non park days, certain trips are more then others. If its just me and DW, sometimes we are evenly split with park vs non park days.

We stay 7 nights and do 6 day hoppers. Our check in day we never do parks. While we go every day of our trip, we aren’t in the parks from open to close. We do a couple days where we get up early, take an afternoon break, then close down another park. We then take two days to sleep in, go to a park in the afternoon for lunch/shows/lower wait rides then close down a park. One day we usually go to one park at rope drop, then go right to another and have the evening free (thankfully we can do that again this trip without the upper restrictions). The last day is usually a busier all day in the parks day.

We also usually don’t do AK. So really we go to three parks, and we ride some of our favorite rides 3-5 times during our trip. We don’t do the same shows/entertainment every trip. While we are busy we don’t run around (maybe rush a little at rope drop and first hour of the park open) and get to do everything we want multiple times while taking breaks during the week.

I guess we're in the minority and do 50-50. Honestly, our feet can't handle every day in the parks. Nor can our kids' moods. Everyone is happier when we have pool days and rest. We also do longer trips and only go every 2 years, so that plays a role. I will say that we do more than just swim and sleep on our "off days." We shop, do Disney Springs, Mini-golf, water parks, etc. Typical Trip for us is 5 park days and 5 rest days:

Day 1: Arrive / settle in
Day 2 & 3: Parks
Day 4: Pool / Rest
Day 5 & 6: Parks
Day 7: Pool / Rest
Day 8: Park
Day 9: Pool / Rest
Day 10: Pool / Depart

We typically do 14 night trips with 9 park days (3 MK, 2 each other park) and 2 Universal park days (1 for each park) and 3-4 “off” days where we explore resorts, swim, do Disney Springs etc. We do open-to-close one day in each park and the other park days we’ll usually either sleep in and start late or leave early. On the off days I always feel like I should be in the parks lol

Except for our Oct 2022 trip, where DS and I didn't have APs, and only had 2 day tickets, we always have APs, so we are parks almost every day, usually every day, even if it's just for a couple hours. We rarely have a whole day where we don't at least go to Epcot to eat, or ride a few things at closing. Last trip, the few days we didn't do a Disney park, we did Universal.Trips are usually 7-8 days.

On a 14 day trip,
Resort crash arrival day.
Will do the four parks, one a day, no hopping.
Then have a day either resort hopping or Disney Springs,
All four again,
The opposite off day, (resort hopping or Disney Springs)
Then last three + leaving day is how feeling at time.
No rope drops or closing, 7am wake up like most everyone else..... then decide if actually want to get up then. Mostly a casual wind down from dinner and easy more relaxing trip back to room.

I suggested 8 days total with 4 days in the parks. He thinks that’s too many park days. I know this is all very subjective, but I’m just curious about what others do!
If we were going for 8 days, we would do at least 6 in the parks. One day would be Disney Springs and one day would be resort day (not just our resort, but resort hopping in addition to pool time). We're going for 6 days in December and four days will be in the parks.

I find that even if I plan to skip parks one day that I find I really miss it. One trip we had la Nouba and relaxed around the pool and then went to DS at dinner and hung out before the show, but it felt like something was missing, despite the wonderful day.

I also find taking it easy, not rushing, having a couple sit down meals makes it easier. The parks are only hard if you make them hard on yourself. You can also leave early and just do a few things on each day instead of the whole park in one day. If you only do 4 parks over the course of 4 days you will feel like you have to get every single thing in at that park on that one day and you might be overstressed and leave disappointed.

After having gone to Disney for many years, I am not getting done in one day what I used to. Genie Plus and Lightning lanes just don't compare to fast passes and they seem to make it harder to do that and you can't always conveniently get the rides you want when you are in that side of the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter