What is your pet’s full name?

It never occurred to me to give my cats middle names, I had enough trouble coming up with the perfect first names. :laughing:

My cocker spaniel was "<kennel name> The Doctor Is In" - call name Lucy. She was named after Lucy Van Pelt, but I called her Lucy Brown because in my mind, when they grew up, Lucy married Charlie Brown. Sadly, I had to say good bye to her in 2020, but she was over 16 years old and she lived a long and wonderful life.

My current dog is a Pembroke Welsh Corgi with a registered name of "<Kennel Name> Peppermint Icing". All of the dogs in her litter were named after bakery/pastry items. There is Gateau, Piped with Royal Icing, Creme Brulee, Icing on the Cake, etc. The full name we gave her is Violet Juniper Brown. Violet after Violet Grey (yes, another Peanuts character), Juniper because she was born in June, and Brown in homage to Lucy Brown. Her nicknames are Floof, Foofy, Fluff Butt. She is a fluffy coated corgi so it fits. When she won't stop barking or decides halfway on a walk to just stop walking and sit down, her nickname is ***. LOL

And no, I don't use my pet names in any password...

Lady Amelia Dove Victorian Assassin, aka Dove, aka Lady Dove, aka Lady Featherton, aka Whisp

Finn, aka Finnister, aka Tankgirl, aka Dozer, aka Body Positivity,

We registered our German Shepherd and Black Lab with AKC (I have no idea why we did this - it was so long ago now. There must have been a reason :confused3). Their names were……
German Shepherd - Sampson’s Checkered Flag
Black Lab - Indy’s Midnight Run

Our most recent dog that passed away almost 2 years ago (where does the time go?) was just Sophie. I always felt kinda bad that our other dogs had these cool names and she was just Sophie. She was my sweet little girl (she was a Yorkie)

Duke Messi (our younger son was a big Lionel Messi fan when he was younger).

Duke was the given name from the breeder - it seemed to fit him, so we kept it.

My late dog (he was chihuahua/terrier mix) was named Freckles. He was a South Philly dog so he had many nicknames, just like the people. He answered to Freck, Baby Dog, Buppy, and Bups. I called him Buppy most of the time. Still miss him laying on the bed with me, curled up behind my knees.
I know how you feel. I miss my Scruffy dog too and my black lab, Rebel. Great, loving animals.

Don't have a pet, but friends/relatives who do have dogs with only 1 name as far as I know. Is that something specific to AKC registered dogs?

My dog is Remy Ethel. She also gets called Sister(her name when I adopted her), Girlfriend., Curly Girly(she's a Bichon), Rema Lema Dingdong, and a few times she has been called one unrepeatable one. She got mad a few times and decided to tap dance in her kennel in something that caused a bath for her. And I was told dogs don't think like humans and get revenge for things they don't like......
I took my malamute in for shots on Valentines Day and she reciprocated by depositing a dead groundhog inside of the dog door. Valentines gift or revenge, you decide.

Leota is most often called Wee, Weezy, Wee Wee, or Baby Wee. Partly due to baby-talk, partly because she's a pitiful little baby. Wee as in small, not as in pee.
Rosita is most often Rosie. She mostly gets Rosita when she's being naughty.

All of our pets, all cats, have had single names that have all been Disney related. We've had Tigger, Lady and Tramp (Yes, even they were cats), Lucky (101 Dalmations), Simba, and now we have Belle, Shadow (in honor of the Hilton Head dog), Elsa, Squirt (Finding Nemo), and Butch (also 101 Dalmations).

We have had numerous cats over the years. A charcoal gray one was called Harley or HarleyBarleyRamadamaDingDong. One rather hungry fella was called Oinker or Mr. Heavy Bottom or OinkerDoinkerDo.
One of our currect cats is Rascal or Razzy or Razmataz. We have a Roxiie or Princess Foxy Roxiie.Our first cat had the sniffles when we got her so her name was Snuffles. Our black cat is Kiko or Kikaboo! Got to have fun names.

Our dog is named Cooper. When he was a tiny little puppy I called him Coopertino, as in little Cooper, not the city Cupertino, CA. So his middle name is now officially Tino. We call him Cooper, Coopertino, Cooper T, the Tino and tiny toes. When he is naughty and climbs on something he shouldn't we will sing "Get down, get down, Coopertino!" to the tune of Jungle Boogie.

I give names to many of them at the shelter based on their personalities and behaviors. Too many to mention and a few might get me points.

Ha...same here. I take care of dogs for a living, and have nicknames for pretty much all of them. My own three have more nicknames than I can count....especially our oldest Airedale, named Phoebe. From OA (she's the original angel....if you know, you know), to Maisel (she's marvelous) to Dreamboat (she's dreamy) to Vegas (she's cool), to GG (goofy girl) to Baby Perfect...because, she's perfect. She's the oldest Airedale we've ever had......in the "gravy years" now, and really hoping we get another couple of years with her. There's so many more nicknames too...lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter