What Makes You Feel Warm and Fuzzy at Disney?

wdwiala

DIS Veteran
We walked into World Showcase the other night pre-Illimunations. The store and restraurant lights were glowing. The torches around the lake were blazing. My heart felt all warm and happy. What a beautiful sight. I went back to our room later that night and reworked our schedule to accomodate another visit at the same time of evening.

So, what at Disney makes you feel all warm and fuzzy? :goodvibes

That first sight of the castle walking in the front gates.

Coming around a corner and spotting a character unexpectedly. (I don't need autographs, I just snap a quick picture.)

Finding an empty bench with a good view just before Wishes.

So many things!

1) Walking the pathway between the GF and Poly at night. I love seeing kids watching the movies on the beach, seeing MK lit up at night. It's one of those silly things that has a little place in my heart.

2) Walking into any park first thing in the morning with all of the CM's saying hello :)

3) Soarin'!! Every single time!

4) Driving through the entrance way into WDW and knowing that an amazing vacation is on its way!

PS- yay for my 400th post!

The castle upon park entry.

The castle changing color after dark, its literally breathtaking to me to round a corner and see it blue or purple. Just stops me in my tracks.

Watching my DD3 interact with the characters. Looking up at them with such admiration.

Watching my DS12 laugh his butt of at Hoop Dee. He really had fun this time, even though he's been before.

Just to name a few.

the reflection of the fireworks in my daughter's eyes

ahh......

1. Illuminations. The entire show takes my breath away. :goodvibes

2. Meeting the Power Rangers at DHS. I become a little kid again! :yay:

3. This is going to sound weird, but the snowman by Mama Melrose. We never realized it, but my mother and I got our pictures by it, in the exact same pose for the first 3 trips we went on, so anytime after that it became a tradition. Just a funny family thing I guess. :hug:

The warmest feeling I get at bakery on Main Street. It reminds me when I was a child and my mom baked a cake on Christmas.

WARNING!

One more thread like this one and I will book another vacation;)

The first glimpse of the castle while riding the monorail from the TTC always makes me misty!!:love:

When I first see Spaceship Earth from the parking lot and FIREWORKS!!!

I am normally not sentimental or emotional, but the opening ceremony at the Magic Kingdom gets me every time. I intentionally go to the MK before opening not to rush to Dumbo or Space Mountain, but to watch the happy dancers. When the steam train with Mickey comes around the bend I swear my heart stops and I get teary. My husband and kids tease me endlessly, but I still drag them to that ceremony at least twice every trip :)

My husband's remarks throughout our week at Disney world, "Babe, you have to add that to the list for next year!" and "We have to do that next time!"

This is after finally convincing him that Disney World is not just for kids.

:love:

I am normally not sentimental or emotional, but the opening ceremony at the Magic Kingdom gets me every time. I intentionally go to the MK before opening not to rush to Dumbo or Space Mountain, but to watch the happy dancers. When the steam train with Mickey comes around the bend I swear my heart stops and I get teary. My husband and kids tease me endlessly, but I still drag them to that ceremony at least twice every trip :)

I still haven't done this, I'll have to put it on my list of MUST-DO's for next time!

This type of thread is a better fit on the theme parks community board, so I'm going to move it over there now.

Watching my introverted autistic niece blossom into a character hugging, people greeting, roller coaster riding, smile wearing beautiful kid that we know is in there but doesn't always come out around others. Best line she ever said in Disney was while she walked down Main St. with my sister during MVMCP... she exclaimed in awe, "This is what I've been waiting for!" Truly priceless. :)

I know what you mean. I love that celebration too. I just get chills when the music starts playing and the train blows it's whistle to let everyone know that it is almost at the station. We also take our time walking down Main Street, our family sings the song with the dancers and we skip along to the music....other families must think we are one crazy family, but I don't care because we are having fun in Disney :goodvibes

Another place I get chills is when we walk up to our ME bus and hop on....the whole ME ride we are smiling from ear to ear. We love watching the movie that they play, then once we go under the "Welcome to Walt Disney World" sign, there is always a tear in my eye.

I am so worked up the weeks leading up to the big day, then when it gets here we get up at 4 A.M. to go to The World. We live 2 hours away so we get there at 7, we're tired from getting up so early and driving. When we walk into our resort and get our key that's the best feeling in the word. We have just started our vacation and the outside word just disappears. No more work, bills, fighting traffic, just fun and excitement waits. That's what really gets my blood pumping and goose bumpy.
Mickey here we come!!!!!

Watching my kids (and other kids, especially younger ones) at the opening ceremony at MK. There's the "Magic," right there in their eyes and on their faces.

Mine are a little weird, and mostly music/sound related:

- The disco music on the Pop Century bus (I don't think they played this anymore - didn't this year, at least)

- The "spiel" on the Monorail

- The Monorail smell

- The TTA spiel

- Epcot entrance music (LOVE IT!!!)

- Illuminations music

- Spectromagic

- The smell of the Maelstrom ride (weird, I know)

- Splash Mountain smell and soundtrack

- Queue music to Space Mountain (hope this isn't gone in the new version)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter