What nostalgia items do you have in your home?

My parents 1980 Technics SL-D2 turntable that I've been using since I was a kid.

My grandmother's ceramic Christmas tree she made when those ceramics classes were popular.

Some other small assorted items mostly belonging to my grandmother and great aunt. A carnival glass piece, a set of Libbey pilsner glasses, a few other things like that.

My 1980s My Little Pony collection (stored away in totes these days but still have it).

quilts made by my grandmother and aunt.
Tupperware that were my mother's. I'm about to give that to DD.
I have my baby dolls packed away.....and my Barbie dolls.

Tons of photos and some things from WWII. My china.

Last edited:
Many different items from my parents. Probably too many but I can't bring myself to get rid of any of it.

I’m currently surrounded by baby pictures in frames that once belonged to my Mom. Got rid of most of the other tchotchkes but having a hard time with the photos and the dust collector frames they are in. Sent all I recognized to their progenitors which leaves me with the third cousins, godchildren, neighbor’s children, etc.

They are just not important enough to me to display and dust and yet I do. Sigh.
One day I’m just going to dustbin em and have done but still not brave enough, LOL.

Well, pretty much everything in the house. Actually, the house itself. Yes, I moved into my childhood home that my grandparents used to own. When I did, they gave me some old furniture - the same that was in the house previously - a coffee table, two end tables, this microwave stand thing - all back where they belong! Aside from that, the house is bursting with collectibles, which always fuel nostalgia. If you like comic books, video games, Disney, Star Wars, 80's cartoons, and other nerd stuff, come on over and we can hang out.

When my father passed away, I got some baseball items. One of them is an original Spalding bat from before 1900, but it's not kept in my home.

I have a few old vinyl records that belonged to my parents, and I love playing them on a vintage record player.

A mantle clock that was given to my parents as a wedding present in 1950. It was made in 1923.
I literally LOLed about the DVD player. Other than the computer I am typing this on, my last big tech purchase was a DVD player/burner with VHS player recorder build in. And I am in the market for a turntable as mine died.
And in our bedroom we have a tube TV......the Dish Network guy came to update my receivers and was shocked to see not only a tube TV, but that it was HD.

Tons of photos and some things from WWII
i have a shadowbox with a photo of my dad in uniform, his dog tags, some portions of envelopes with encouraging/morale boosting ink stampings the post office used during ww2 and a ration booklet along with ration stamps.

Barbie's and my Dawn dolls. A sample of my 1973 Quick Curl Barbie in her original dress.

still got all my old barbies from the 60's and 70's. kept all the clothes as well-including the mary poppins ones that came out when the movie was released. my kids may be surprised to find that i also have saved some of their toys-polly pockets, my little pony, tickle me elmo, hot wheels...it will be a walk down memory lane when they have to clear our place out :rotfl:
If you like comic books, video games, Disney, Star Wars, 80's cartoons, and other nerd stuff, come on over and we can hang out.

here as well-comic books (FINALLY got dh to do an invantory for our insurance) star trek and star wars stuff, odd horror movie stuff, old video systems/games, ton of old computer based games on discs, full size video games and a kid sized electronic spider man pinball:thumbsup2 robert the haunted doll sits curled up in a large cecil plush from beanie and cecil.

I literally LOLed about the DVD player. Other than the computer I am typing this on, my last big tech purchase was a DVD player/burner with VHS player recorder build in

we have a vhs and a region free blu-ray in the living room b/c we still watch them. i just had to clear a space for the plumber and pulled out a pile of electronics for dh to check to see if they still work-included was a (then) top of the line dual screen vhs set up for your car so the kiddies could sit in the back seat and stay occupied. we still have a vhs w/ a dvd player burner as well and 2 record players and multiple cassette players that are used regularly.

I love retro stuff. We have a blu ray player in the basement if that counts. DH has some throwback sports stuff. I also have some retro cat themed stuff from Temu and a Kit Kat clock

My dad’s Baby Brownie camera. He passed away in 1964, when I was 9. I got my love of photography from him!

My dad’s Baby Brownie camera. He passed away in 1964, when I was 9. I got my love of photography from him!

i have a bakers rack with old cameras, a 50's 8mm 'movie camera', a reel to reel projector and various photograpy equipment of my dad and uncles. i love the look and feel of an actual camera.

A "foil" christmas tree with vintage base and color wheel.
My paternal grandmother's corner hutch with her china in it.
Blanket rack with a quilt from both my maternal grandmother and dh granny on it.
A small selection of baby clothes from my kids.
DH's childhood matchbox cars.

I've kept some toys from my kids because they held up well; and, I think the next generation will love them. I remember playing with my parent's "old" toys at my grandparents house and how much we enjoyed the different/more unique options.

Several things .A display plate that was in my Great Grandparents' home. A cross stich my Paternal Grandmom did and a ceramic Christmas tree that my Maternal Grandparents' used. Also a print of old Philadelphia that belong to DH's Dad .

A "foil" christmas tree with vintage base and color wheel.
My paternal grandmother's corner hutch with her china in it.
Blanket rack with a quilt from both my maternal grandmother and dh granny on it.
A small selection of baby clothes from my kids.
DH's childhood matchbox cars.

I've kept some toys from my kids because they held up well; and, I think the next generation will
My grandparents had an aluminum Christmas tree with a color wheel. We looked at buying one…but dang, they are pricey!

A town about 30 miles from us used to manufacture them, under the name “evergleam”. Every year at Christmas time, the historical society has a display of them in the local downtown businesses and at a local art museum. Very fun to look at!

Comics. Uncle Scrooge, Mickey Mouse, Walt Disney's Comics & Stories, Donald Duck, among others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter