what restaurant on the monorail line...

johnsonet

DIS Veteran
would be best for appetizers? DSIL and I are planning on taking an evening "off" from our girls( 7 & 5) and taking them to the GF kids' club and making our way around the Seven Seas Lagoon for a couple hours' worth of light bites and drinksprincess: princess:
I was thinking drinks at CR b/c I love the view of Bay lake from the lounge, then maybe apps at Kona Cafe or somewhere at the GF. Any ideas? We prefer Mediterranean or American cuisine to a steak or big seafood dinner. Also, any recommendations on a good place on the monorail line for dessert? Thanks!

I haven't been yet but Kona sounds like the place for you. The desserts look to die for and get great reviews here and you can walk back to GF! A really nice stroll from the Poly.

My vote would be for the California Grill at Contemporary. I thought that place was a perfect getaway for adults. Had really good flatbread appetizers. And, of course, the view is really great there as you know.

Dessert I would do at Kona for sure.

Appetizers at CG and Kona are wonderful. I rememer someone posting that the Tambu Lounge has excellent ones as well although we haven't tried them. Have to do that someday.

Have to say Cal Grill or Konas. The appetizers at both locations are very good.

The Outer Rim Lounge at the CR has, as you wrote, a great view of Bay Lake, as well as good appetizers from the Concourse STeakhouse. I particularly enjoy their baked Brie plate, and their chicken wings.

Why don't you barhop on the monorail? Start at the Outer Rim, then proceed to the Tambu Lounge, and end at Mizner's Lounge at the GF (possibly the nicest lounge in WDW after the BW's Bellevue Room). My friends and I did this last year and we had a blast; thank God we didn't have to drive?

As far as drinks, the Tambu Lodge is great! The atmosphere is relaxed and the drinks are very tasty. I don't know about the appetizers, but I can't wait to get back to Tambu Lodge for a 'Tradewinds'! Yum!

I think sotoalf's idea sounds great!

RC Fan...you are in the Dis Class Yearbook!!
Click on the link below and you will find your yearbook picture on page 173.
:)

:sunny:

Hi montessori!

That works for me! I DO LOVE the Rockin' Roller Coaster!

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter